xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cesto Ode

Downloading Music? please help me

no clue, haven't heard anything in the news about people getting finded or arrested because of it. I haven't really heard about anyone getting caught either. They usually go after the software companies. My advice is never register the software.round

Oh, yes they sed that they would start fining people but my sister downloads an insain amount of music and nobody has sed anything to her,But as you sed i did'nt know that you could get arrested

its not allowed in the usa. Programs like napster and kazaa were sued by music companies because their users stole so much music which cost them millions. My advice, just something like itunes or go on ebay to buy music for like 99 cent apiece. or you can download limewire and such

I agree that Limewire is one of the few reliable options left for downloading music. If you want to buy a song for 99 cents, that's alright as well, and you'll probably keep the record companies satisfied.

OK, downloading music for free (if it isn't classified with a Creative Commons Licence) is illegal in Britain. People have been taken to court and sued for damages to record companies. Limewire, BitTorrent etc in themselves are not illegal, and nor are the torrent files etc, but the actual files you end up with, the music, is illegal.Even websites that claim "Free LEGAL MP3s" all have disclaimers saying something like "We cannot be held responsible for any illegal or copyrighted content being posted on our site. You are responsible for observing the relevant laws within your country."Just don't do it, its that simple.

i wonder if it's illegal in mexico too... so this mean that Ares is illegal too.. hmm what happens to teens that doens't have a credit card and doesn't want to waste 15-20 dlls on a record for only one song like me u,u it means that im all sc.....d ???

Mmmm... in Spain there?s a great legal hole in this. You can be demanded and taken to the courts, and then all depends on what the judge thinks about that question. There isn?t still a solid law or judisprudence. I think it?s definitely illegal to upload mp3s to a website, FTP, etc for people to download them, but not in the case of P2P.Anyway, I think that is impossible to catch everybody that download music and that the music industry only wants to scare us. For me it?s just a question of music spreading and if a certain artist says clearly that he/she doesn?t want their records shared and downloaded I will respect that. But most of bands that I hear don?t see a great problem with that because they live off live shows. Like real artists.

Downloading music off of th internet (be it sites, torrents or P2P file sharing) is illigal. Because you are NOT paying royalties to the artists. Sinse this all started it has been illigal, the BPI (british phonographic industry) are finding all the major UPLOADERS (people who share alot of files) and the RIAA (Recording Industry of America Accosiation) have already targeted WinMX (shut down their main network, private ones still available) and are taking actin against eDonkey. Some people say Limewire Pro is legal, this is NOT the case.Ive dont alot of research and keep up-to-date with all this, dont ask why.

You still wouldn't be allowed to do that because you do not have the rights to redistribue the music. At just $1 a song that you can purchase from itunes or a similar music store just buy the music instead of illegally downloading it, doing so could save you alot of trouble in the future.

i wonder if it's illegal in mexico too... so this mean that Ares is illegal too.. hmm what happens to teens that doens't have a credit card and doesn't want to waste 15-20 dlls on a record for only one song like me u,u it means that im all sc.....d ŹŹ?

194964[/snapback]

Well, downloading in almost every single country is still ILLEGAL, including Mexico. The thing is that in this country these kind of topics are not yet relevant for congress. I mean, countries who are more concerned about their own poverty... how could we (or our goverments) be concerned about mp3 files sharing at all?

Well, this is such an interesting topic, but think about it: how many people in Mexico owns a PC? c'mmon, salaries are still not good enough to afford buying a PC....

Cheers!!! :)

I agree that Limewire is one of the few reliable options left for downloading music. If you want to buy a song for 99 cents, that's alright as well, and you'll probably keep the record companies satisfied.

194888[/snapback]

Why is Lime Wire legal, isn't it the same as any other p2p programe?