xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Yahoo & Msn Messeneger Collabaration expected by 2nd quarter in 2006

Well Yahoo and Microsoft have collbarated for thier messaging services i.e. both messengers. With this collabaration users of MSN messenger will be able to chat with users of yahoo and vice-versa

Now this can be step to make the globalisation in this internet world or can be called a step to bring the users closer but what I think that it is a step to keep the users intact as both these giants are fearing of customer migrating to another giant which is GOOGLE. what do you have to say about it?

You can find the article over here :
YAHOO MSN COLLABARATION

Well that sure is a good thing for users, since it will finish complications with downloading two messengers beacuse your friend like Yahoo!M more....Otherwise i agree with you mayank. This is a move which had to be taken to prevent Googles monopol, but in my opinion they won't be succesful, because Google is far ahead than both of them in that kind of services, although we are quite comfortable with MSN Messenger because we use it for a few years now.If we compare Yahoo! Mail and Gmail I think it is absolutely certain that Gmail is better! I think the same is about to happen in this MESSENGER WAR :) greetz

well this information sounds very good. i think it's really cool to communicate with users from other networks with yahoo messenger or msn messenger.i find really annoying to install programs like odigo, trillian and so on in order to have all my friends in only one list or to start a lot of resource consuming programs (msn, yahoo, aol).it would be really cool if we could chat with other networks too like google one (gtalk or googletalk) and aol messenger.keep up the good work boys :)

I think that's a really good choice, because a lot of my friends use the yahoo messenger, and don't use the MSN and i like to use MSN a lot, with another bunch of friends, so with this thing, i think it's going to be heaven for people like me, or for people who doesn't want to download both programms and have them running/operating at the same time, because it would only cause them lag or simply because they don't understand some messenger,like myself that i don't understand a word of Yahoo! MSN features ><

Hahaha. This is exactly what happens in a joke story that I wrote during Math Class one day. :)Anyways, I think that its awesome that Yahoo and MSN are coming together. Even though I love Google, I still would love to see some competition arise among different companies. More competition = More Products / More Updates = A lot of happy people.I wish they would take AIM down first though...

that's great. But a long time ago, my friend logged on his yahoo account on either window passport or msn messanger, and it worked. I don't exactly how he did it, but it worked.But i don't htink alot of people will migrate from AOL instant messanger. All my friends use AIM evn though i tried to get them to switch over to MSN (better than aim in my opinion).

ok heres the deal there are 4 major messaging services...there are icq, msn, aim, and yahoo...if the msn yahoo goes through you know at somepoint aol will want in because so many people pay for msn and yahoo if you get all 3 together it makes it easier then you're goin for lowest price..you know that aol will at least want their messanger to be included cuz they're odd like that....i have all 3 and i use whats called trillian..i love it its one list and i have use as many names on it as i want. it dont matter what they're of if its there i can get it...anywayz aol will want in soon enought and we'll all be wireless freaks flying through the air with jet packs on to conserve energy...peaceJesse

its a good news to hear but once long ago i heard yahoo and msn users can talk to each other.
have they already tried this collabaration before or was that a myth.

Well that sure is a good thing for users, since it will finish complications with downloading two messengers beacuse your friend like Yahoo!M more....
Otherwise i agree with you mayank. This is a move which had to be taken to prevent Googles monopol, but in my opinion they won't be succesful, because Google is far ahead than both of them in that kind of services, although we are quite comfortable with MSN Messenger because we use it for a few years now.
If we compare Yahoo! Mail and Gmail I think it is absolutely certain that Gmail is better! I think the same is about to happen in this MESSENGER WAR :angry:

greetz