xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Hosting Credits

I believe these are the three factors in determining the credits you get for a post:1)The length of your post- How many characters2)The organization of your post- How neat and easy to read it is. I think that includes spelling.3)The quality of your post- Not saying the same thing over again, not spaming, only including relavent information.If i'm wrong, sorry. But i think those are the factors.

It's very interesting with these hosting credits. I really love to post in this forum and even if I don't get any credits I would post a lot.You can find a lot of interesting subjects on the forum so you have what to discuss and if you have a problem or something you will be answered very soon.It's really cool this forum. Thanks guys of Xisto.com for offering us this service.Hope to hear from you soon.

I don't think it has to do with how easy it is to read your post because I don't see how a computer/program could determin that.I think its simply just how many words in your post.But thats just me.

I can agree to what Compute is saying.According to OpaQue, the credit determining script is STATE OF THE ART script. All I know is that when you post common internet phrases, such as LOL or OMG, it does not count towards credits earned. When you type slangs it will ignore it out flat. And lastly, misspelled words will be left out from words counted. But I have noticed that a simple paragraph, constructed out of 5-7 sentences, will earn well into 2-5 credits. I'm saying 2-5 credits because when you start out as a member level "newbie" it will help you to gain faster credits. But once you reach certain member level, i.e. Level 2 or higher, the amount of credits earned for the similar length decreases. This is including the factor that once you are well familiarized yourself with our forum it encourages to participate even more. I also noticed that when your credit reaches zero or below, no matter what level you are, it will help you to bring into positive credit number by giving generous credits per post. The exact algorithm is still unknown and probably will stay that way :) So spelling DOES matter.Grammar matters, too, since if you cannot understand the post because it's missing punctuations or such, moderators will consider that as spam.