xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reatum

Yahoo Briefcase What do you think

I had yahoo since the beginning of time, or at least it seems like it. Along time ago, I set up My Yahoo, but rarely used it. I like the customization and built in features. I recently started using the briefcase, and I think I like it. I just want to know what others think of this attachment to my yahoo. I think it very useful myself, as I tend to be on a bunch of different computers all of the time. I can never remember to carry my flash drive with me, and they give you like 30MB which is more than enough for a simple briefcase. I have never used a service like this before. What does everyone else think.

I Used to use yahoo briefcase, but now i use rapidshare and megaupload, and sometimes others cause it's fastest and more reliable.Anyway, the yahoo briefcase offers something that most websites like yahoo don't, wich is an asset to the yahoo company.

I Used to use yahoo briefcase, but now i use rapidshare and megaupload, and sometimes others cause it's fastest and more reliable.

Anyway, the yahoo briefcase offers something that most websites like yahoo don't, wich is an asset to the yahoo company.

194768[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean by an asset to the yahoo company. Could you elaborate on this a little.

i would rather send the files to my gmail account, because it has alot more space. Second, you could send it to anyone you want. Sure, megaupload is nice, you could upload whtever you want, the speed is very slow and most of the time, it keeps getting interupted. If you were to download something big, megaupload doesn't allow resume, which sucks for people with 56k. You could download a gmail drive (a third party program... i think) it acts as a drive on your computer (my computer). all you have to do is log in and drag the files you want in. and in your email account, it will shows an email sent by you, attached wit hthe files.

I think that this tool was good back in its day. Now its kind of pointless because you could just send Yahoo e-mails to yourself with the file you want attached to the message and its basically the same thing it might just take longer to upload alot of files but you get more space. If they added more space it could be useful again but not until they do that.

I have never used Yahoo briefcase and to tell you frankly I do not know untill I see your posting here. I thought it is something new Yahoo is bringing up. I've started to search and found out what it is all about. Thanks for the thread so that I also come to know about Yahoo briefcase. I will be experimenting with it very soon. But as wariorpk has said it doesn't seem to have so much of usage because Yahoo is providing a huge inbox storage by now.

Yahoo briefcase is a good tool to share you files with others because it lets you make the files public....but then again if you want to upload the files which you want to make public then rapidshare and megaupload are good services....and as far as private document is concerned then the best thing is to attach the file and send it to your own email address because that is the safest option available on the internet.I'll say that it is just a small addon which GMAIL can bring in easily by just allowing people to make the attachments open for public....which they may bring in future.

megaupload doesn't allow resume, which sucks for people with 56k

tell me that,i got prehistoric-56k and i once lost a 100mb download when it was around 87% ??. Anyways i really didn't use much my Yahoo! briefcase because first, i really didnt understand well how to use it and second is that then i found about it gmail was starting so i preferr to wait for gmail to upload my files. changing a little of subjet (sorry) do you know where can i download the gmail drive? and is Google ok with that program? because i think upload in gmail is of about 20mb what if i want to upload hmm 50mb in the gmail drive do you think i can do that?

For me Yahoo! Briefcase is one of the less useful service from yahoo. I have used it only twice or thrice. I never bothered saving my files there for back-ups or for sharing. And I don't want to use it either when a friend would like to share some files to me, I do not want to log-in to my Yahoo! accounts anymore. It just a waste of tim. I am using Rapidshare and Megaupload now, I could just share the links to everyone. I don't have to worry about running out of the free space Yahoo! is offering fot Briefcase.

Personally I think that Yahoo briefcase used to be useful, but right now, it has proven to be the worst file hosting ever, because right now, I can even make my own file hosting service using php and mysql databases, providing password protected services or I can use gmail drive, or even just send myself the file just like how we used to do it in grade 5 :P. Other services such as RapidShare and Megaupload are also useful... someone may say that the files are hosted in the public, but actually, finding the page to download the file is very difficult, because they have hundreds of servers with all different subdomains, directories, and since everyone's password is really weak in Yahoo, it would be easier bruteforcing a Yahoo briefcase account that trying to find the URL for the file that you uploaded...

Yep, I aslo like Yahoo! Briefcase, its pretty good for simple usage. The oublic share and private sharing features are also excellent. Plus they offer space for photos too and what more - Flickr is now a part of Yahoo!

yeah me too, i also use yahoo for long mails or to upload files to the internet i mean just to keep them there if i need them in someone else's computer or just to send that as quicly as possible.I remember the old times, i used to use yahoo almost for everything, and though gmail is now here, well i still use yahoo, donno maybe just to stay with the classics.

Yahoo breifcase is a good service for just many things. Not good at all for sharing files or hosting. I think its good if you want to be able to back up your most important data into one place. You can simply upload your data into it and if you need your data back you can just go back in and download it.

ive never used yahoo breifcase because ive never really felt like using it..lol i do use yahoo photo's for all of my pictures that i take and photobucket for all of the pictures that i find on the net etc..i always carry my flash drive with me..i have it looped around one of my belt loops leading into my pocket so if i even walk out of my bedroom i will know i am missing it...but i might concider yahoo as a backup as well..30 gb..sweet more than what my flash drive is thats for sure :(