xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reatum

Can't Access Cpanel From Work Just wondering if anyone knows any trick

I work @ ratshack. While I'm here, I want to be able to work on my site, but I can't access cpanel. I think it has to be our proxy. Does anyone have any advice on how to get around this. I can't exactly ask the support team for RS as I'm not technically supposed to be doing anything non work related on there computers, but I get so bored here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.ReAtum

What you are asking is borderline illegal since companies like ReraShack set those firewall in the first place to prevent personal abuse :) you know what I'm saying? And since it can be viewed as illegal activity, discussing on this forum will also be illegal.But on the subject of intellectual curiosity, if the form of filter is based on words--i.e. you type your subdomain.trap17.com/cpanel--and your browser shows 'permission denied' or something extent to that message, then you could type in the cPanel IP address (the full detail found in the attachment I emailed you) and it may pass the filtering process (since it's not words but numbers).In the past, we discussed about using different proxy server. You can search for proxy servers online. Basically how it works isyou --> log into proxy service --> you type URL --> the service "shows" you the URL page (and not your actual browser going to URL)And still, this is also borderline tricky so I'll stop it here. You can find more on the web by searching. And remember that proxy service method is betting on the chance that your internal firewall did not block that site as well.

It could be the Xisto domains are blocked. Try accessing with the IP (located on the T17 Homepage) or maybe it's a filter that filters out stuff like "free hosting" :)

I don't think that RS intentionally filters cpanel. I don't think it is a filter @ all actually. I dunno what it is. We use websense to filter, and I don't get the websense page when I try to access cpanel. I just got it when I tryied to use the proxy you gave me because it detects that as proxy-avoidance.I don't really think that what I am trying to do is illegal. I can visit Xisto (i'm at work right now). It is only cpanel that I can't access. I did try the IP and that didn't work either.