xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Asking Someone To Homecoming Only for U.S. kids in High School?

Don't know if other countries have Homecoming, but basically it's when some alumni come back to the school to visit and there's a big football (American football) game and a dance and etc.

In my school, everybody asks with flowers, makes some gigantic sign, hides clues as to who's asking, or something else rather ornate. It's a big deal at my school but at others around here I've noticed that nobody really gets into it (especially the asking). It's more like

Guy: "hey u wan 2 go to h/c?"Girl: "ya ok"

whereas where I go it's something like

Girl: [walks into school, sees huge sign that says "(girl's name), would you go to homecoming with me? -(guy's name)"]Guy: [gives girl boquet of flowers]
Girl: (something to the effect of "OMGYES!!!!!!!@1!@1@2!!!!@!111!)

So what homecoming like in all of your schools?

Notice from Rejected:
Added the sentence for you :)

Edited by rejected (see edit history)

wow, you guys actully do all that just to ask a girl out for homecoming? The way my friend asked his girlfriend to homecoming (yeah weird, they're going out and still needed to ask). Guy talking: Hey, i have some bad news.Girl thinking: Is he trying to break up with me?Girl talking: what is it?Guy talking: would you go to homecoming with me.THey are both my friends, and it was funny when they told me about it. My school homecoming next saturday, and yet i haven't found myself a date. I'm planning on to go alone, well, since i'm in photography club (yeah sounds nerdy but it's really cool, you could take some great pictures and develope it yourself), i'm going to take pictures of homecoming for the year book.

Homecoming isn't such a huge deal where I go, the guys get their dates "mums," which apparently the bigger is better. When I asked my date to homecoming... it was just

Me: Hey Delanie you wanna go to homecoming with me?
Delanie: Yeah, I'll call you later with the details

and I actually have pictures of my homecoming..which was last this past Saturday
http://thyelite.com/homecoming :)

Homecoming is a joke in my school. We all just go with our friends. Freshman year is the only time you take homecoming seriously. They'll figure it out soon that all the older girls could careless and just wear jeans and a cute top and maybe some high heels. Our dances are horrible. No upperclassman guys go to the dances. All the girls go and most of the younger boys. We just think its pointless.

I wouldn't know about Homecoming things that happen at the place but for all I know they just go with the simple boyfriend and girlfriend asking to go to homecoming. Its not like they're ask somebody. They mostly hang there just because its cool or whatever.

Guess I was right that we get into it most. I was talking with some other people at my school and they say everyone they've talked to at other schools doesn't do much either.

One person I know left a rose in each of this girl's classes, then at the end of the day he gave her another few and asked her in front of everyone.

I left half a dozen on the desk of the girl I asked in first period with an anonymous note with some of the lyrics to The Beach Boys' "Darlin'" (below), then later I gave her the other half and asked her.

Don't know if words can sayBut darlin' I'll find a way
To let you know what you mean to me
Guess it was meant to be
I hold you in my heart
As life's most precious part
Oh, darlin'

Maybe we do such extravagant things because we're all nerds (Science & Tech magnet school) and we wouldn't be able to get dates any other way.

So.. Homecoming would be a dance-type thing for going back to school? If so, then its not a big deal here at all. The only big dance-type thing is the grad, which only people in grade 12 go to for the most part anyways. The rest is pretty laid back..Go Canada and not having Homecoming? Or at least this part of Canada...

The first time I ever heard about a Homecoming was on Saved By the Bell years ago (back when it was new :)). I knew it was a dance and I figured they had it when I went to high school... boy was I wrong.In Canada it is really different compared to the U.S and their school traditions. We don't have a homecoming nor do I think we have a prom (not here atleast and in other places). I was quite disappointed because everyone made such a big deal about it on Saved By the Bell. I guess being the eldest child entering high school is rough because I thought it would all be liked Saved By the Bell.I have no clue what the history of the Homecoming ceremony is, I just know the name and that there is a dance involved.

Well my school hardly any of the guys even go to homecoming. and when you go with a date they just seperate and the girl goes with her friends guy goes with his. Its quite stupid actually. Its not any kind of formal thing. Just a wasit of time.But thats just my school lol.

Nothing like here, then..We do have something of a prom, though.. formal and all. May-ish each year. Everyone makes far too big a deal out of it, in my mind :)'

Alot of it at my school is just kind of, secret, no one really knows, maybe on the phone. Although the week before homecoming, during a football game, Feori Alaima asked one Brittany Rosche (or something along those lines of name spelling) by having the announcer say it. She of course said yes. I think the way to do it is have ALOT of people around, all knowing what is going down. Maybe it's pressure of the girl on the spot? I don't know, maye I'll look into it.

With prom at my highschool or any events that involve dancing. People are always bumping and grinding. Its like they have nothing better to do. Just get into a close crowd, hot and sweaty, and just do it. Its sounds orgy-istic but its what happens. I rather not attend.