xisto Community
Nani Cheri

Problem Installing Sims 2 Nightlife update failure

I have the Sims 2. I tried to install Sims 2 Nightlife expansionpack. He reches 100 % with installing the game...then he automatically run the updat for the sims 2. But when he's going trough the files he stops st the file: CSBin/package.exe He says there is a error, and then when I click ok, install terminates and goes back from 100% to 0%.Can anybody tell me what's going wrong here? Has anyone else had this problem? I just can't figure it out. And on the internet I found a few people who had the same problem but just havent had an solution for it yet.Can anyone help me with this?thanks

OK, try checking your antivirus and firewall settings. If they are blocking the installer from contacting the internet then it will stop. Also, if they scan every file that comes onto your PC, that could take some time and cause the installer to crash.Some more information such as your operating system and other software that was running at the time may be useful.

I cleaned my computer with adaware away, norton, etc. I tried removing registry in reg editor. Then I installed The Sims AND THe SIms Nightlife over again...It worked!!!! the update too! What I did? No idea! But now....When I want to install it I get this Windows message, error actually: something with there is a failure and then you have 2 options: send rapport, don't send...that's that same error thing you get when Explorer just get stuck...Now I have no idea whats wrong....nothing seems to work here with Nightlife!Goin to defrag my pc and try to install it again without antivirus etc etc anyways thanks!!!

It's solved! I tried everything, cleaning out my computer...change settings of graphic card in Boot to above 32MB(requirement sims 2 read readme!!)same problem..By accident I put the cd in the rewrite-rom! And it works totally fine!!!!!I do have one little problem but i guess its just a bug orsome, I downloaded loads of new furniture and skins from internet...but when im in the buy-mode, and want to click on the work-out *thing*...then I get a Blue error window which fiills the screen and my computer reboots automatic. and i lot all i did!! but if anyone had this problem or know how I can fix that work-out thing thanksss!!

Hi Nani Cherri i am having the same promblem can you help me out it is when it said checking update and putting in Sims 2 disc 4 can you help me out i have tried it on my granddad's computer worked fine but not on mine can you tell me why. Mine and my granddad's have got XP. Please reply soon xxx Redand

I'm also having a problem with nightlife. I have a new dell computer, and when I load the first disc it works fine, then when I put in the second disk it doesnt continue to install. ive tried shutting off firewall, but it still didn't install. Any suggestions?-abby

Just relax I m not registered but I can hlp you...just you have to do is to shutdown your computer directly when it gaves that it will now terminate.When you will open your computer again,you can play the game but if you haved it then need to run the crack as instructed.-Akshay Gupta

When I try to install my sims2 nightlife it stops at 7% I get a thing saying, 'A problem has occurred when trying to transfer the file from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancell installation?'And when I click 'retry' the same thing happens again, is it my computer or the disk?

My sims 2nightlife wont install!!!!

Problem Installing Sims 2 Nightlife

This is really annoying, I have uninstalled my sims2 pets and sims2 now. At least now it comes up to install it, I do everything up to the actual installing it. It says I have to put disc 2 in, I do then it says I have to put it in, it keeps doing it . I never had this when I was installing my pets! please if someone could help me it would be great, thank you so much! x

-Claudine

Sims 2 expansion packs update erors and failures

I have a terrible failure with the Sims 2 update. I can`t install any expansion pack because I can`t update sims 2. I put in Sims 2 dvd in my drive and nothing change it still I can`t update it. If someone have this problem and fix please tell how to do it.

-WaltruX

problems with sims 2 update failure

Hello.

I have Sims 2 update failure and I can`t fix it. When I trying to install any expansion pack it installs it to 100% then goes update.

It asks sims 2 dvd for update. So I put in my dvd-rw drive and nothing change it. I have pressing ok but nothing change it.

If I press cancel all install process of course terminates so. Update is very useful when you need to install EP or etc. If someone have or has this problem and fix it PLEASE tell me how to do it. THANKS

-WaltruX

Wow, your all having problems with it. Boy am I glad I got Sims 2. LOL.If you've cleaned out the drive etc. I dont know whats stopping it from installing.

Even I'm having th same prob...It doesnt recognise th dvd in th virtual drive(I downloaded it thru torrent)...Try shutting th pc off wen it says installation will now terminate...M gonna try now-reply by mr8014

Maybe you really need to install the game again. I havent heard of that problem. Also make sure that your copy of your The Sims 2 is Original and not fake ones. Make sure that you have installed your The Sims 2 and your Nightlife properly. Make sure that your The Sims 2 files are clean. And if you are using a crack thingy and etc. Maybe that's the one that gives you the problem as far as I know. You make sure that you have the original .exe so you will not have any problems; and you could play the great Simulation game of all the time, The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Delux

I bought the delux night life package, and I lost the code that allows it to down load onto my computer so how do I download the game?

Or how do I find out the code?

Is there some one I can call who has it?

-reply by natosha