xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Which Speakers Should I By For My New Pc?

Basiclly, ive got ?100 to spend.My new mbo supports 5.1 sound, so no sound card is neededi am going to be suign them to be playing Music really loudI'm not bothered about Movie quality surround sound or sound quality for games, as i wont have the space to set it up properly.Please could someone make some opinions, im askign around in quite alot of places.I'm not sure weither to get 2.1, because ive ehard their better for music, as 4.1, 5.1 etc tend to be a bit wimpyHelp will be thanked :rolleyes:

Altec Lansing also has pretty good speakers. Plus if you get surround sound its great. I have them and I always change my speakers from my computer to my ps2 its pretty cool.

I cannot tell you what the best speakers would be just because thats a personal thing, the best tip I can give you is to go to a good computerstore and hear it for yourself. At my old job we had a special place that we used to settup speakers for costumers if they wanted to hear the sound so they knew what they bought because imo thats the best way.

But...

If you are looking for a good setup just to play music and not for dvd's there is another option namely to plug your home hifi set to the computer (use a cable from soundcard ->aux) this will give awesome sound and will be much better as any speakerset you could buy for 100P.

I wouldnt get speakers. For 100 bux, u can get like, the BEST headphones around, which are much better than most speaker sets that are below 200 bux. For 50 bux, get some sennheisers, dang, those suckas r nice!

mmmmm, i dont have anyway of connecting my HIFI to my PC. can it be Re-Wired?

If you like to try that option the best thing yoiu can do is buy (or make) yourself an 3.5mm Jackplug 2 Phono. With that cable it is easy to setup the connection.

It is a good option especially when your hifi is near your computer.

Posted Image

3.5mm Jackplug 2 Phono cable example