xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixhosting

Ps2 Games Consols

the ps2 is the best game consol about it can do bassically anything you want it to doit can connect to prive wirrless networks it can play dvds and you can even burn them you can also connect any usb or firewire device up to it they are just the best console in the universe

i agree with all you say , but unfortunately the laser lifespan of the ps2 is fairly limited , about 18 months - 2years ..... depending on usage.many people have brought their ps2 to me as they are getting the red screen of death ... please insert a ps2 compatible disc ..... ie the laser is on its way out.some can be recalibrated , but most need a new laser fitting .... about ?50my advice to ps2 owners is while your laser is still in good condition , get yourself a sony network adaptor and an ide hdd , about 160gig is adequate.fit these easily to your ps2 and now get yourself a hdd disk boot manager called hdadvance.put this disk in and the ps2 boots and finds your hdd.you can now copy all your games to the hdd.then you can play your games from the hdd.the advantage is that you are not using the laser , hence extending its lifespan and the games load much faster from the hdd.you can also borrow your friends games and copy them to your hdd and play those as well.also if you have a fast internet connection you can play games online via the network adaptor card.

if you look at my previous post on installing a hdd into a ps2 ...... in my opinion that makes the ps2 very similar to an xbox , except the xbox has far better graphics.people talk about the availability of games for a ps2 being far better than an xbox , but just look at all the ps2 games ..... they are one of the foloowing ... shootem up.....doom,unreal,etc sports ... footabll,rugby,cricket,tennis,etc puchem up .... boxing,etc driving ..... formula 1,rally,etcthe xbox has all the same style of games , but far better quality

I find that most games I have / want to have for PS2 are also out for XboX. Midnight Club, NHL, Burnout, Mercenaries, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Conflict Global Storm; all on both systems. The only game I can think of that I want is only on PS2 is Metal Gear Solid. So I'd say the game selection is nearly the same.

yes i agree, PS2 is the best console now, all the characterist and game gallery makes this console in a recomendable product for all ages. Xbox have better graphics, but the games are insignificant versus Ps2 games, and the GAMES are the really thing that a videogamer looks in a console.