xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Google Reader web-based feed reader

Google announced its new feature recently...i think yesterday...which is called Google Reader. It is bascially a web-based rss reader which allows people to organize their feeds online and let them read it.

It allows people to blog the feeds or if they want they can send it using the gmail feature.

Just like Gmail it allows people to add stars, create labels. And now people will ask...that how will it work...the simple answer is that if this service of google then it will work with search :)

Yes you have to just search for the content and then subscribe to the feed and you have the information in one page only!

I think this will be handy for those people who maintain the feeds and will definitly like it.

Here's the URL of the Google Reader :

https://www.google.com/reader/about/

I think the link isn't correct. When I clicked my default mainpage created for me by the great microsoft company is opening up. Google always comes out with their own style, be it email, search, messenger and others. I'm looking forward to test out this reader as well. Thanks for sharing.. I will google it and get the reader link.

hi mayank,Thanks for the info.The link is fine except for the double "http://forums.xisto.com/;, remove one and you can reach Google reader.btw the utility looks helpful, there are a number of other sites offering similar service but getting in on google helps reduce one more login/password that you need to remember.I have got to chek this out... Cheers.

Cool thanks for telling us this, I useually check out the Google Labs at labs.google.com, just to check if the've done any thing cool (this definately classifies as cool), but I missed this one. I particularly like the 'search for new content' feature. I'm not to sure as to its potential uses though, I mean the Personalized Google Homepage and the Google Desktop already have RSS readers (granted not quite as well as this). I also wonder if the Google Developement team ever sleep, I mean they seem to constantly come out with new stuff (not a bad thing by the way). Another thing I wonder about... how long will this be Beta?

hi there, Thanks for the information... never knew that there is a google reader out there ... i just think that google is trying to expand it's business to everything ... basically no other company is doing what google is doing now ... from search engine to instant messenger to everything ... they will be the next microsoft in the near future and become more famous than microsoft if this continues ...

I already registered for it but for some reason it didn't work. It was just showing blanks when I added some feeds. But once this is completed I think I will find this very useful because instead of checking multiple sites which I visit every day I can save myself a few minutes by just logging into google and seeing what is new. I hope they finish it soon. It's great what google comes up with.

Is it just me or is the google reader very very very slow? Even if it's beta they should make it a bit faster, going to the sites themselves would be faster then gppgle reader at this point :)

I tried out the Google reader but there seems to be some problem. When I add a feed it does not show up immediately.. and after it does, if I want to delete it, it does not go off. I tried deleting it multiple times, logging out and logging in again and all sorts of things..Also on logging in sometimes the initial screen gets stuck... just like that.. Is it just me facing the problems(maybe sthg wrong with my browser or comp) or nyone else too..Cheers.