xisto Community
moldboy

Giving Your Two Cents

I was wondering, and since this forum is an international thing, In North america we have a saying that goes "Giving my two cents" or something like that, it means having your say no matter how small in a conversaiton. I was wondering, what about places where there is not 1 cent coin?

it does make sense, and I think It's an interesting question. I suppose in different countries and languages there are different sayings for adding your little thoughts into a conversation.

Hmm.. Let me add my 2 cents, naah, take 5 cents. Ohh.. I think that will be too much. Let me think again.. Ok, 3 Cents. Thats perfect. LOL, Just kidding. I find this thread funny..

In Australia we did away with our one & two cent coins - lowest is five cents now so everything gets rounded up or down when you pay with cash - but the saying still has the same meaning here.

lol here in Holland we also had cents, then the euro came and we had eurocents and now they banned all those so all I can add is a 5 cent coin :) hmmm I feel I've been lifted ;)

What kitty said, and I'll add a few more :)"Ako vam i?ta znači" (if it means something to you)"Ako mene pitate" (if you ask me)probably some more, but I can't think of any more at the moment

How interesting how about if they don't have a 1 cent. They don't mean 2 cents as in Money I think it means just like your opinion no matter how small it or meaningless it is. Not 2 cents of your money.And which country doesn't have a 1 cent? Don't they all?