xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragoneye

Microsoft's New Xbox Pitch Has Feminine Side

To all Hard-Core gammers. Microsoft is saying there aiming for your mothers and wives.

In a few weeks. Microsoft plans to introduce a marketing campaign to extand Xbox 360 beyond young men who are currently Xbox's biggest fans.

Microsoft is hoping to win a big share of the market from Playstation 2. By promoting a more family-friendly image for the new Xbox. Xbox 360 will be on U.S shelves Nov.22, for Europe its Dec.2 and Japan Dec.10.

2001 MicroSoft introduced Xbox which was focused on typically male ages 17 to 24, who wanted a high-end machine with better graphics and a complex game function. The PS2 and Nintendo GameCube put more emphasis on reaching the mainstream market.

This time Microsoft plans a wider attack, Brochures going to major retailers to describe Xbox's 360 ability to double as a DVD Player and MP3 player. Even thou the game functions while AMAZING are now only a small part of the message.

The point, said Bill Nielsen Who oversees marketing for Xbox 360 is to help convince women in the family that "this is for you, too," The brochure EVEN says " Here are some things you might want to tell your wife this thing does." Over Labor Day weekend Micosoft and Pepsi began a radio promotion to give away 9,000 Xbox 360's by Nov 22. These ads where not only for Hard-core gamers but for Women too.

Microsoft will also try to showcase a more family-oriented games. Xbox has depended on popularity of games like Halo. But the new Xbox will promote games like Kameo an action-adventure game for young teens including girls.

Even with all these features like a DVD player and Image Viewing there only Icing on the cake. "But first and foremost this thing will always be viewed as a game machine."

The Xbox base will be focused on the first few months to hard-core gamers willing to pay $299 U.S for a Base model and $399 model with add-ons like wireless controller.

The early indications are that demand for Xbox will be strong. Online preorders have been so high some retailers are now only taken preorders only for bundle packages. The web site GameStop for example offers an Xbox bundle for $699 which includes 5 games and a extra controller.

The stakes are high for Microsoft, sence Sony and Nintendo plan to introduce new consoles next year. In the game wars PS2 has sold 30 million units, GameCube 10 Million and Xbox 13 million.

They plan on starting out with 2 to 3 million Xbox 360 units but the demand could be even higher shortage might even benefit Microsoft by attracting attention well into 2006.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Cleverly left out few words here and there to bypass plagiarizing the original article however it's still copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Warning issued by OpaQue.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

To all Hard-Core gammers. Microsoft is saying there aiming for your mothers and wives.

In a few weeks. Microsoft plans to introduce a marketing campaign to extand Xbox 360 beyond young men who are currently Xbox's biggest fans.

Microsoft is hoping to win a big share of the market from Playstation 2. By promoting a more family-friendly image for the new Xbox. Xbox 360 will be on U.S shelves Nov.22, for Europe its Dec.2 and Japan Dec.10.

2001 MicroSoft introduced Xbox which was focused on typically male ages 17 to 24, who wanted a high-end machine with better graphics and a complex game function. The PS2 and Nintendo GameCube put more emphasis on reaching the mainstream market.

This time Microsoft plans a wider attack, Brochures going to major retailers to describe Xbox's 360 ability to double as a DVD Player and MP3 player. Even thou the game functions while AMAZING are now only a small part of the message.

The point, said Bill Nielsen Who oversees marketing for Xbox 360 is to help convince women in the family that "this is for you, too,"  The brochure EVEN says " Here are some things you might want to tell your wife this thing does." Over Labor Day weekend Micosoft and Pepsi began a radio promotion to give away 9,000 Xbox 360's by Nov 22. These ads where not only for Hard-core gamers but for Women too.

Microsoft will also try to showcase a more family-oriented games. Xbox has depended on popularity of games like Halo. But the new Xbox will promote games like Kameo an action-adventure game for young teens including girls.

Even with all these features like a DVD player and Image Viewing there only Icing on the cake. "But first and foremost this thing will always be viewed as a game machine."

The Xbox base will be focused on the first few months to hard-core gamers willing to pay $299 U.S for a Base model and $399 model with add-ons like wireless controller.

The early indications are that demand for Xbox will be strong. Online preorders have been so high some retailers are now only taken preorders only for bundle packages. The web site GameStop for example offers an Xbox bundle for $699 which includes 5 games and a extra controller.

The stakes are high for Microsoft, sence Sony and Nintendo plan to introduce new consoles next year. In the game wars PS2 has sold 30 million units, GameCube 10 Million and Xbox 13 million.

They plan on starting out with 2 to 3 million Xbox 360 units but the demand could be even higher shortage might even benefit Microsoft by attracting attention well into 2006.

193996[/snapback]

do you think that it will do better than ps3 and what are you going to get

I think the XboX 360 will sell much better then the normal XboX. It's way cheaper and of course they are the first now....That's a great advantage....I think it's good that they are going to attract more people...when me and my brother buyed our XboX, I also thought it was only for old people...but soon i realised that wasn't true. So I think it's good they are going to convince the girls and women to play on the XboX 360...if only my girl won't pick in my place.....