xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob

How To Build Your Own Dedicated Server

first you must buy all the equippment you will needthen all you have to do is start building the system which isnt hared youm just plug your harddisk ram ect into the mainbord its like building a computerthen you install your opperating system the best ones are red hat linux or windows server 2003 service pack 1then get it connected to the internet and do whatever you want to do with it simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the equipments you need?

194018[/snapback]

list off equippement you will nedd to build your own dedicated server is

hard drive prefferbally RAID

about 2gb ram

hi speed internet/brodband connection

fp server extentions

cpanel

windows server 2003/red hat linux (these are the best server opperating systems)

and anything else you might want to add

HmmmmI was hoping for a bit more information. This really did not inform me about how to build a dedicated server at all. I could find way more information on the rest of the internet than here. Sigh. If a post is going to have a title of how to do something I really think there should be alot more details.

if you're hosting a simple webserver that doesn't get mass ammounts of visitors, 450mhz and 64mb ram is fine....but if you got ftp and stuff more is better. get a linux webserver guide if you want to know the details.

One thinks that if your running a site that is that low anyway, just find a free web host. ie. Trap 17. Saves Power, Internet Connection, and you can still use your computer without lagging it to users. (If Desktop & Server in one)

first you must buy all the equippment you will need

then all you have to do is start building the system which isnt hared youm just plug your harddisk ram ect into the mainbord its like building a computer

then you install your opperating system the best ones are red hat linux or windows server 2003 service pack 1

then get it connected to the internet and do whatever  you want to do with it simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

193842[/snapback]

that may be true but you might need a warehouse to store all your servers if you are serious about having a webhosting company

and you should make sure that all your users data is safe you would need to put it on a secure server encrypted with ssl otherwise you would be breaching the data protection act

but if you have done all that then all youi would have to do would be to promote your site and let vistiors sign up to free/paid or both hosting

Want an easier way to make your hosting? I have everything .. no need to pay for anything .. I have created a tutorial and the sites to get al lthe programs needed .. so if u would like a try.. please PM me .. i am also more then willing to help out.. Many of my tuts are dealing with web hosting, hosting, and more. If you really want a paid dedicated server there is also ways to build ur own and have other people pay you .. tho u dont have to pay becuz its reaslly just a free server that can make subdomains under any domain .. (ex. subdomain.yourdomain.ca/org/net) .. so once again PM me and ill get back to you.Please have your email and name and what you plan to use it for .. I am very picky of what people does with my tutorials and stuff like that .. and also my stuff are against the law to steal .. with my own copyright approved by government, Police will be brought to crime scene if the tutorial has been stolen or put on a public site for others to take or download. :) so remember email, name, PM me ;)

I don't think its a good idea to build your own dedicated server. for me i prefer to have my server on 3rd party hand and apart from that they provides you with the backup necessary to protect your data and server provider usually located in secure place so to build dedicated server on your own took a lot times and money spent.

first you must buy all the equippment you will need

then all you have to do is start building the system which isnt hared youm just plug your harddisk ram ect into the mainbord its like building a computer

then you install your opperating system the best ones are red hat linux or windows server 2003 service pack 1

then get it connected to the internet and do whatever  you want to do with it simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

193842[/snapback]

that may be so but do you iknow how much time that wold take to set up and then you waould have to stop viruses and spyware and hackers getting into your server/servers

you would have to publisise it and get some parts of your web encrypted with ssl and keep in part and comply with the goverment and become a limitd company so if anything goes wrong and you are not a limited company you will be responsible

also you would have to devote most of your time to keep the servbers up and running or they might breakdown and then there is the cost of the broadband network access the bandwith and power which would ammount to a fortune atth end of the year and you might want to employ people to keep them up and running if you dont have time to do it yourself and then there is your wages that you will have to paythem

so if i were you i would just buy a couple of reseller hosting plans prefferably with cpanel or fantasticio for your users and then set up an e-account with paypal or a company like that and you also get a free domain or 5 with a reseller hosting plan

so i would go with reseller hosting comapny rather than setting up and buying your own servers just get a reseller hosting plan insted

Yea, and I agree you would need about 20 servers but no so much as a warehouse. And that kind of equipment is not cheap... Cost a lot of boxs.So if you want a hosting company then buy 20 servers for about 20 000 dollars and then you are almost finish... One thing you need is realy fast internet connection. Beacuse your servers will use a lot of bandwith.So then you are finish you only have to pay the high Internet bill each month.

hmm.../.. not a bad idea.But how about making a linux server. Use operating system as Rat hat.Apache as server.PHP/Python or Perl as server script.MySQL as Database.Configure SMB and nfs for networking.Use SQUID as proxy server.what more all are free so get set and go...happy timeacumentech

How to build your own ded-serverHow To Build Your Own Dedicated Server

you need the high speed internet , some need constant high speed internet, some need T1, or fiber optic. Also... SSH, apache, ect, what ever but, main ones are, (inter.)connection, protection, these things are never that simple...

-reply by kyisamster

source dedicated serverHow To Build Your Own Dedicated Server

A great article on how to build a dedicated server that is liquid cooled in at dedicated-servers.Ws source dedicated server. They talk about getting the right type of memory, powersupply and server rack chassis or regular chasis. The liquid cooling is very important if you want to run a dedicated server in you home or office, becuase of the quiet opperation, but if  you are hosting the webserver at an ISP or colocation provider then the liquid cooling is not such a big deal.

-reply by dedicated server builder