xisto Community
OpaQue

Gmail Space Usage

How much percentage of your Gmail Space do you use?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am using 1% of my Gmail space. I've had it for just over a year now and never deleted anything....except junk mail. They keep adding more space too, so I'm never going to use it all.*Looks at all that space going to waste*

I spammed my google account because I can swear google doesn't really give 2.6 GB or rather can't afford to give that much to all it's users and it really sucks that they use such a sales tactic. I downloaded the program that you can use to upload attachments to gmail from explorer from http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm. I'm currently using 870 MB of gmail storage :)

i used 3 - 4 percents of my google account... That is because i sent myself a few mp3 songs. I just love google. Yeah.. there is a program call peer2mail or something. It breaks the files into different junks (about 10mb each so you could attach it to your gmail account). And you could send those fragments to other people and they use the same program to put it back together. I call them cheap man p2p program =P

I use about 1.x% of my Gmail space. As great as it is having gigabytes of free space, is it really required? The average email (which isn't an irritating chain mail or something that has been forwarded and added to hundreds of times) contains, say, 10,000 characters - which comes to nearly 10KB. Right now, Google is boasting [over] 2652.890334MB of space for all accounts - which works out to be 2,716,560KB. Divide that by 10, you have nearly 271,656 - who receives that many emails in a short space of time? I think the whole huge space thing is mostly gimmicky hype and isn't really as important as people seem to make out it is.

Only 1% becouse I can't send there big files.But maybe I should search program peer2mail about which DogEater008 was talking about

I think the whole huge space thing is mostly gimmicky hype and isn't really as important as people seem to make out it is.

193772[/snapback]

Exactly, that's why use that program to upload to gmail and screw google for creating such a hype. I'm not really a google hater or something like that, I just hate people lying.

Well I am using 11 percent of my google space.....i've stayed on this no. from quite a long time......thanks to ever increasing size of the space provided by GOOGLE :)

Exactly, that's why use that program to upload to gmail and screw google for creating such a hype. I'm not really a google hater or something like that, I just hate people lying.

Now I dont think that they are lying at all...because company like GOOGLE wont lie....they are providing the space to people and i think you yourself have saved 870 mb and still google is allowing you to receive emails...so if you are not able to fill up that space then you can claim that they are lying to you.

Well I am using 11 percent of my google space.....i've stayed on this no. from quite a long time......thanks to ever increasing size of the space provided by GOOGLE :)

Now I dont think that they are lying at all...because company like GOOGLE wont lie....they are providing the space to people and i think you yourself have saved 870 mb and still google is allowing you to receive emails...so if you are not able to fill up that space then you can claim that they are lying to you.

193781[/snapback]

I am not going to argue with you. JESUS CHRIST!!! No, I am not going to argue with you. By the way people, I am now using 57% that's 1512 MB. Does anyone here want to beat that?

I have used about 1% of my available space and I have about 400 emails in my account. I don't think I will ever hit the ever increasing space limit on gmail.