xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sportytalk

Duke Nukem 3d Relaunched For Winxp (new Ports) Who still plays duke nukem 3d online?

Hey there. Thought i'd bring this topic up because I've just gotten back into an old game which I owned back in 1996, called Duke Nukem 3d (owned by 3D Realms).It's a lovely game which has been reinstated for windows xp protocols.After the duke nukem source code had been released publically last year, 2 people, rancidmeat and jonof released windows xp versions of the code.I found out about this a couple of months ago, installed it and started playing again over the internet using the internet connector for windows xp called dukesterx.Does anyone else play this game or own it?I play it online as 'Nick' on dukester if you wish to find me :)I highly recommend it as the content is unbelievably realistic.

been playing duke since 3d game out can't wait for the new duke nukem game to come out should be interesting what kind of grphics upgrades they did to it.

confused soundDuke Nukem 3d Relaunched For Winxp (new Ports)

I have installed the duke nukem 3d but I don`t have any sound can some one help please how to set it up or where to download the game .

Hey Sporty Talk., Love to join you mate but my computer has melted lol literaly melted as well, But before that I was looking into starting to play one of the ports am I wright in thinking that all you need is the new XP protocols and a copy of the shareware version for the dll.s and gfx files ?lol @ Saint_Michael come on now mate how long has the new Duke 3D game been coming out for ??? it is like the empty promises of politicians, Dont worry guys it will be coming out soon 8years later its the same thing lol also a bit like when is the new elite coming out ??? same story it will be coming out soon we dont know when but it will be :Plol I didnt mean to be rude Saint_MIchael but my mate loves the game and he is always going on about it lolBut thanks Sporty Talk when I get my desktop working again I will definetly come and frag with you for awhile :Pbut alas for now I have to put up with this thinkpad w00t 500mhz machinewebsey

Well, there are 3-4 more builds of DN 3D that were made since the source code was released, and the one that isn't dead and is updated the most recent is EDuke32.

It says that it runs on GNU/Linux and Mac OS X, but the download is Win only. It's good that it's playable in wine. :P

Ah anyways, Duke 4's name is just perfect for what's happening. Forever. Yes. You'll wait forever. :P

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Hi I also have Duke Nukem 3D, the game is awesome, so where do I get the juice to play under xp?This is one game I will never get rid of.Thanks, Zap.