xisto Community
Mithshark

Trillian Pro Get it

This Instant messanger, takes less memory then the AIM or MSN client. For a total of 5 MSN connections, no IRC, no ICQ, 14 AIM and 2 YIM, it takes up only 13k of memory,While each instance of the AIM client takes over 30k.Don't worry about it stealing your information either, it won't. Its perfectly safe, I have been using it for, over 2 years.It might take a bit of getting used to, but keep fooling around with it until you get it set up how you like. A gimme is to have it automatically connect on start up, but you can set it up how you like.

the one thing i hate about it is that. The client messes up your buddylist if you sign two sn's. But i'm still using it because i have my own computer without sharing it with anyone.This is a great program if you dont' want to have 5 different IM clients running at onces. And don't want to put away message for every one of them

Personally I'm not a great fan of Trillian, I prefer Google Talk (but I'm all form minimalism). any way I do think Trillian is better than MSN, which lets face it aint hard to do. I still like the interface for Google Talk better, but yeah Trillian (the free one anyway) is ok, I've never used AIM so I cant comment on that. Also I didnt use Trillian for that long and it was a while back so it might be better than I remeber it being, its a good alternative, its just not for me.

Yeah, i used to use trillian, but then spent more hours deleting and blocking the couple of hundred contacts that were automatically added to my msn when i logged on as a second screename. - This doesn't really help when you try to keep internet friends on one account and real work friends on another :)Anyhow, is fixed now. I thought trillian were meant to be patching this a couple of years ago? Ah well, it is a very good program if you only have one account.

Yeah, i used to use trillian, but then spent more hours deleting and blocking the couple of hundred contacts that were automatically added to my msn when i logged on as a second screename. - This doesn't really help when you try to keep internet friends on one account and real work friends on another :)

193633[/snapback]

I use it quite frequently. To avoid this, cant you simply add your contacts into groups with trillian? I like that you can use all of your services in one easy to use interface. The latest edition has some neat video and audio mods that Ive actually used quite a bit to work on group projects and other various things. Overall I think this has to be the best program out there by far.

It is possible to use Jabber to replace the google talk client software, and still use the same service on Trillian. Sorry, I forgot how to do it, but I'm sure a simple Google or MSN search will get you somewhere.

I've been using Trillian Pro (version 3.x) for some time now. I am very satisfied with the program, as it lets me combine all chat clients into one easy to use program. Aside from convenience, there are many plug-ins that are available that help take instant messaging to the next level. I also like the fact that the application is skinnable, something that AIM lacks (I know, I know, you can skin AIM, but it's nothing compared to what Trillian can do). All in all, I would definately recommend this program to anyone, be it a frequent instant messenger or a person that rarely ever talks to people while on the internet.

This Instant messanger, takes less memory then the AIM or MSN client. For a total of 5 MSN connections, no IRC, no ICQ, 14 AIM and 2 YIM, it takes up only 13k of memory,

While each instance of the AIM client takes over 30k.

Don't worry about it stealing your information either, it won't. Its perfectly safe, I have been using it for, over 2 years.

It might take a bit of getting used to, but keep fooling around with it until you get it set up how you like. A gimme is to have it automatically connect on start up, but you can set it up how you like.

193459[/snapback]

I have used Trillian on my system for about 4 months, although it takes up less memory than aim and msn, it does run slower on slower machines.

For instance, I have a 200mhz pentium and it runs really slow when you are chatting in a yahoo chatroom or on IRC.

Other than that, trillian is a great solution to multiple messengers as it combines all chat clients into one buddy list, what I thought was even more cool was the fact that you could add buddies from IRC to your buddy list. You cant really do that with a regular IRC client. So, I thought that was freakin cool.

Xadoflitan

I tried using it but I'm not a fan of it. Its pretty boring. The only good part is that it takes up less space. I only use MSN and AIM so its pretty much useless to me.

Yeah Trillain is the best http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ dont know if anyone told u where to get it... so there it is!!!its a free download to get the normal trillain 3 and stuff but its like 20 bucks for pro and its alot better updates alot faster when they come out plugins and skins and other downloads are cool more things are compatible!!!try it out...Also You can do profiles where more than one person can use the client and still have your lists seperate!!!its pretty awsome best ive ever seen for multi client side programs!!!it also lets u cehck your email and stuff like that

I think that trillian is a great piece of software. Although I rather have the official client software individually becaues trillian doesn't have all the features that I want to use. The only significant use I can see for trillian is to save memory, but alot of people have way more memory on their computers than they need.

Ok, I have been searching to no avial any links for G-Talk patch?

194103[/snapback]

The last time I checked you could only connect to G-talk with trillian if you upgraded to the pro version. The basic version will not include it. But, the pro version should come with the jabber plug-in installed.

I don't know why, but when I was using trillian I had a really hard time getting it to connect to IRC channels through proxy servers. As soon as I switched to gaim, I was able to connect with ease. I couldn't figure out why this was, but maybe my experience is in the minority.

gaim is also free and includes the same cross-network capability that trillian has. It doesn't have quite the same level of gui loveliness, and it also doesn't come with multi-user capability, but as long as you're on a multi-user OS then you don't have to worry about that.