xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FuChelle

Strange Thing I Saw Anyone know what it could be?

Since there seems to be a fair few people here that are interested in the paranormal and unexplained, etc... I thought I might post this here and see what everyone thought.This happened probably a couple of months ago and I've just become interested in what it could have been.I was sitting up in my bed...I was just about to go to sleep, when I saw this thing just about 2 metres away. It was a little white ball of light, only about the size of a tennis ball, hovering in mid-air. It flew up and did a loop, and then came back around and flew straight at me. I closed my eyes just before it got to me, and then at the time I estimate it would have hit, my heart skipped a beat. Then I opened my eyes, and it was gone.I have no idea what it could have been. At first I thought I was seeing things and it was just my imagination, but it was weird I felt my heart skip a beat right when it hit, and I've never halucinated or anything before. I also don't believe in ghosts or UFOs or anything, so I think this is really weird.Anyway, does anyone have any ideas or anything on what it could have been? I don't think I've ever even heard of little light balls appearing from nowhere, so I have no idea what it was. I just think it will be interesting to hear thoughts and ideas from other people...even if you think it's my imagination, you could be right :huh:

Hmm, interesting story. But it's kinda hard to tell what you've experienced. There have been experiences where ghosts are in a form of a floating light, but i dont remember seeing something about one appearing in real life, but only in pictures. And usually ghosts arent really all that willing to show themselves to others that easily. Also, you say your heart skipped a beat. Kinda hard to keep track of your heart beats, unless your heart is beating hard enough to feel it. You've must've been pretty scared or something for you to feel something like that. My only explanation for this is, you probably did fall asleep, dreamed it, and on the part where you say you opened your eyes, that was you waking up.

I would certainly have to agree with truefusion in this instance. Though, I have seen balls of light floating. I just happened to watch the one in question for about 6 hours. I was outside laying in a hammock. In no way could I have been sleeping, because I was constantly getting up, and I didn't go to sleep the entire night. I stayed up through to the next day. The clostest it ever got to me was about 30 feet.

:huh: how about have ur brain check or ur head...sometimes if there is damage in the brain the effect is the seeing of glitters of light or something like that ... :P

You probably just woke up, dazed, and sunlight was reflecting. That's probably what you saw. If that wasn't what you saw, you need to go to the psycologist.

He said he was just about to go to sleep. So he most likely didn't 'just wake up', and it is presumedly not at a time of the day when the sunlight is visible.Anyway, I'm a logical thinker (or at least, I like to tell myself that, anyway), and I don't believe in 'paranormal' stuff or whatever, so I'm sure there's some kind of reasonable explanation. People do sometimes see funny things - and it doesn't mean they are 'crazy' or at all neurologically damaged.So anyway, here's my theory - based entirely on what you posted (and assuming you aren't just making it up for a reaction). Seeing as you were about to go to sleep, you were probably tired. Your eyes tend to do funny things when you are tired, and I know myself that they sometimes 'play tricks' on me and I think I see things which I know don't exist when my eyes are heavy, especially if I've been sitting in front of a glaring screen for extended periods of time. As I'm sure you would know, you can also physically react in funny ways to certain situations - and your heart rate increasing or seeming to stop or otherwise be affected is certainly not uncommon, especially in circumstances where you might be shocked or suprised (or excited or scared etc etc). So I think it's possible you may have been a bit startled, and noticed your heart rate had altered - I think that it is more likely you suddenly became aware of your heart rate after being oblivious to it, creating the illusion that it had stopped and then started again, rather than it actually happening. Like when you look at a light from a funny angle and sometimes don't notice it - you may then change your view and suddenly notice it, making it appear as though it was just switched on as you changed your perspective.Anyway, I'm tired and am starting to mumble about who knows what. So I'll stop here. Draw your own conclusions.

I believe in ghost and UFOS and I believe it was a dead soul.I dont know why its with you lol but someone in your family must have passed away or someone who use to live in your house.I have never seen a ghost but I think I seen a UFO before but I am 100% positive that they exist.I am not very sure UFOS do but I know ghost do.Its not to be scared of though because they wont do anything to you.

At the moment, I think I'm leaning toward what Spectre said. It's true, when you're tired your eyes can play tricks on you so it could have been that.I know I couldn't have been asleep previously and had just woken up. I was sitting up in bed, and the light was still on...I hadn't turned it out yet. And I don't get to sleep that fast.I wasn't really that scared either. It happened so quickly, I don't think I got the chance to get scared. It was all over in about 2 seconds. I have had my heart skip beats before (although not that often, so it would be a fluke if it just decided to happen just then) and you can feel it.Oh, and Acidify...nobody in my family has died...that I know of. There was an old lady that lived here before us though and she died here. I don't really believe in ghosts though, so this is all really strange to me.

Oh, and am I the only one that notices the irony in one who does not believe in things beyond the normal using the name 'Spectre'?

193570[/snapback]

First of all, Spectre you are not the only one who notice that thing,so called irony.And I'm realy sorry about the behavior of some people.

Anyway,a human mind is very weird in lot of casses.I think that we should know some more thing,which are very rellevant,for example how tired was you that night,or did you watched some movie and what kind of movie before you gone to bed?Maybe you find my questions very weird,but I will explain.

I was for about 12 years old,one night I watched a movie,the content of movie was based on some kind of little machine,that doctors put in somebodies ears to find out the toughts of that person,anyway after that movie I went to bed.I had that movie so strong in my memory that after some time I started to cry that I have something in my ears and the weirdist thingof the all was that I feel something in my ears.

With this example I just want to tell my experience,which was maybe the same like this...so think about it,did anything before sleeping happened to you which will start your imagination?

I'd say I also agree with Spectre. You were probably just tired. But here's an interesting sslightly off topic but somewhat related fact. You know how some people claim to be abducted by aliens when they are asleep and see lights? An explanation for that could be sleep paralasys: you're body is paralyzed cause youre asleep. But then you're eyes open while your asleep, and since you're asleep, you can't move. For some reason which I forgot your mind produces strange images, knida like what FuChelle saw. Of course, this isn't the case here, but if it happens in the middle of the night this could be why.

Anyway,a human mind is very weird in lot of casses.I think that we should know some more thing,which are very rellevant,for example how tired was you that night,or did you watched some movie and what kind of movie before you gone to bed?

193802[/snapback]

The time I went to bed was sometime between 12 and 1 am, which is about the time I normally go to bed. I don't remember being very tired, but I think I may have been a little more tired than normal.

I don't remember watching anything unusual on TV. I remember it was a Wednesday night, so I would have watched The Glass House, and possibly The Kumars, which are both basically just comedy things. I didn't watch any movies. After that, I remember I was studying, using the computer and a text book, and listening to music through my stereo. I dunno if any of that will help out, but anyway...

I'd say I also agree with Spectre. You were probably just tired. But here's an interesting sslightly off topic but somewhat related fact. You know how some people claim to be abducted by aliens when they are asleep and see lights? An explanation for that could be sleep paralasys: you're body is paralyzed cause youre asleep. But then you're eyes open while your asleep, and since you're asleep, you can't move. For some reason which I forgot your mind produces strange images, knida like what FuChelle saw. Of course, this isn't the case here, but if it happens in the middle of the night this could be why.

I have also heard that. It's very interesting how most of these weird things can have such normal explainations. I don't quite remember the reason for it either, but I think it's along the lines of you wake up paralysed, you're scared because you can't move, and because you're asleep you're mind is still producing images like a dream. Very weird...

Anyway, like you said, that's not what happened. I don't know what it was...I am thinking since I don't believe in ghosts or UFOs, that I was just tired. Although, I do believe that there are some strange things in this world that we don't quite understand. So...yes...I don't know. At least I have some ideas now though.

I'd agree with (most of) the others that it was just a trick of something, but I'd like to offer another explanation or two.First, physical stimulation to the eye is generally perceived as light. If you were rubbing your eyes or got something in one then you would have seen it as a ball of light, most likely. Second, it's possible that you were already partially asleep. As you're falling asleep images begin to swirl around your mind and the first ones to come are usually simple light forms.As for your heart skipping a beat, it's entirely possible that it was just natural fear caused by this weird thing swirling around.Kitty, your story is just an example of how strong the human mind can be. Your unconciousness really took in the movie you saw, which caused it to make you think that it was real. Since your unconciousness controls a lot of your body, it's no surprise that it made you feel like there really was something in your ear.