xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryo

Gay Lesbian Youth Time Cover story on Gays

I read this long article about gay youth. I thought it was a great read and when i read the survey results i was like wow. The results stated that boys are admitting to having their first same sex experience at 14 and Girls at 16. Which leads me to another thing if girls have better vocal skills and are said to be more mature then boys then why do they come out at an later age. Is it the fact that maybe because they are mature that they find it wierd and are reluctant? Or maybe that boys being the less mature are willing to try anything with a friend? Does maturity affect how you live life? This article made me think about alot of things but can I get some feedback to the questions I've already presented here? Please and Thank You!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited as reported.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Girls don't want to do it because they might get pregnant. And some don't want to be called a s*** or w****.

Notice from mayank:
Please refrain yourselves from using foul language.Replaced some letters with asterisks.
Edited by mayank (see edit history)

I agree with yhcln1, girls are afraid of getting pregnant... But I don't understand what it has with gay youth... You should post topic about maturity and it's affections on our lifes... I think that maturity really makes us more responsible for actions we do, so maybe that is why girls come out later than boys. And you are right, boys are more curious and willing to try various things...

well on the topic of the **** and ***** you be surprised how many girls act and dress it thinking its the style. but yeah some girls don't want that label put on them, but most of the time they do it to themselves as well.

Girls don't want to do it because they might get pregnant.  And some don't want to be called a s*** or *BLEEP*.

193417[/snapback]

PREGNANT? HOW???? You didn't (and the two poster following you) read too carefully did you? The OP's quote of the Time article read, "boys are admitting to having their first SAME (emphasis added) sex experience at 14 and Girls at 16." The article was about *happy* youth, something should have clicked - actually iivosevic heard the click, but proceeded to forget it just as quickly. Edited by mayank (see edit history)

PREGNANT?  HOW????  You didn't (and the two poster following you) read too carefully did you?  The OP's quote of the Time article read, "boys are admitting to having their first SAME (emphasis added) sex experience at 14 and Girls at 16."  The article was about *happy* youth, something should have clicked - actually iivosevic heard the click, but proceeded to forget it just as quickly.

203045[/snapback]

Um right the first post was editied.

So are you acutally saying that most boys at 14 years old have their first sex experience and at 16 gir have thiers?

PREGNANT?  HOW????  You didn't (and the two poster following you) read too carefully did you?  The OP's quote of the Time article read, "boys are admitting to having their first SAME (emphasis added) sex experience at 14 and Girls at 16."  The article was about *happy* youth, something should have clicked - actually iivosevic heard the click, but proceeded to forget it just as quickly.

I think they understood, but their point was that girls want love and sex but don't want to get pregnant, and thus they try lesbian experiences to get the same sexual thrill without as much risk.

As for guys, I think it just has something to do with raging youth hormones and an urge to see what they can do (in other words, they're h*rny and want to f***, but there aren't any girls their age around, and the older girls don't care, so they turn to each other).

As for guys, I think it just has something to do with raging youth hormones and an urge to see what they can do (in other words, they're h*rny and want to f***, but there aren't any girls their age around, and the older girls don't care, so they turn to each other).

Thats an interesting idea Stasis and thank you everyone for particapting. I will take up that suggestion about maturity and how it affects us.

Yeah, right, folks.Now, has it occured to anybody that, as far as sexual matters are concerned, males regularly tend to boast and overdo it, and females resort to some "smoothing up" of sorts which I would be reluctant to openly call cheating.That reminds me of that silly poll I once saw in which you could get convinced that actives males were 2/3 to declare deceiving their mate, while on the women side they were a mere 1/3 to say the same thing. Its squarely impossible from a statistical viewpoint, buddies, take my word for it.On my side, the answer is : just be wary of these figures. There ain't any problem of maturity or behavior. Only a slight matter of cheating coming with sex hormones. :)

Girls are usually the ones who are more cautious and care a lot about risks. First off, they are more social people, and care a lot about what people have to say about them. Plus, being a girl is a greater risk when engaging in "forbidden love", because there's always the possibility of being pregnant. It might not have much to do about maturity, but about risk taking.