xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Another Big Earthquake Hits

click here for full story

funny since the tsunami we been having some bad destructive weather happening. I would say that hte planet iseither healing itself or or getting ready to destroy itself.

But yeah this earthqauke was pretty large in area 3 countries getting tag but the size of it 7.6 that pretty big eitherway you go. Ther has to be something going on with the plates that stuff like this has been going on for almost a year now since the tsunami.

Ouch...I live in England so don't experience these Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis as I live nowhere near tectonic plates. However, I keep hearing about America and Asia and other places which do experience these natural disasters and I can't stand hearing about all these people dying.After studying Geography throughout my GCSES a couple of years ago when studying the natural hazards i must say that it's just unlucky. The technology is always improving nowadays and the predictions are getting more and more accurate.It is my belief that in the future, predictions will be faster and more accurate and will enable more warning. This will mean less deaths and we will probably be able to withstand more of these natural hazards :huh:

well for earthquakes though accuracy is hard to come by since they come out of no where and its hard to warn someone about it, all they can is monitor it, but the unique thing about earthquakes is usually it starts out in a series of small ones that no one can feel and usually a whopper comes out sometime in the near future. but like i said earthquakes are the hardest to predict and be accurate compare to volcanos and hurricanes.

Ouch...

I live in England so don't experience these Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis as I live nowhere near tectonic plates.

However, I keep hearing about America and Asia and other places which do experience these natural disasters and I can't stand hearing about all these people dying.

After studying Geography throughout my GCSES a couple of years ago when studying the natural hazards i must say that it's just unlucky. The technology is always improving nowadays and the predictions are getting more and more accurate.

It is my belief that in the future, predictions will be faster and more accurate and will enable more warning. This will mean less deaths and we will probably be able to withstand more of these natural hazards :huh:

193132[/snapback]

but we do get earth wuakes and volcanoes in england we get about 3o earthquakes a day the same with volcanoes its just that there so small nobody notices them

I hope that the earth isn't trying to destroy its self, I just spent a few hunderd dollars on landscaping :P . But seriously, there has been a lot of natural disasters since the tsunami. We here in the U.S. have got hit with hurricanes like no others, there has been a few earthquakes here in Ohio, which is very rare. Or, it could be aliens trying to annihilate us :huh: .

well the death toll is at 2000 people, and the reason for that is hte fact the buildings are not really solid in the ground and made of simple stuff like mud straw and cement but also landslides are part of it as well.i just read that 250 girls in a school all got killed as well, the world is sure balancing itself out i think we went back to the 5 billion people mark after the tsunami hit.

Yeah, it sure is disturbing to hear all these natural disasters happening one after another, death after death, etc.Hopefully, the disturbed conditions will improve, and at least, naturall disasters come at slower paces; better yet, barely if at all

yeah the earth is trying to balance itself.,I wish in near future we get to know before bout these strike of natural calamities..

now the toll is up to 20,000+ and its mostly children that have been killed due to the fact that they where at school when the earthquake hit, really sad, but now its time for the governments to exploit this and use it for them and against other people.

I'm currently living in an earthquake-prone country, and although we've had the odd (light) tremor every now and then, there are always predicitons as to when the next major earthquake will strike. In 2004, it was Niigata, a prefecture northeast of Tokyo, that got hit hard ...and the aftershocks just made it worse.Upon hearing of the earthquake in Pakistan and the hurricane that hit New Orleans, I was shocked to see such disasters claim so many lives. So I certainly hope for the best and that the areas will be able to recover.

Alot of these natural disasters have always been happening but because of the recent big ones its in the news alot. Its actually pretty normal too for the earth to get noisy again after a quiet period. Usually there are alot of little earthquakes that never make it to the news and once in a while a really big one. When a big one hits then there should be a lull for a while because the tension between the plates has been relieved. Once the tension starts again then the normal small earthquakes you hardly ever hear about start again. Most of the time you don't even feel them. The plates are always moving. As far as the weather goes well the ozone layer is getting depleated and so the weather will just grow steadily worse. Every year the hurricanes seem to get worse. This year the hurricane season seems to be more difficult because of all the other disasters and well the levies broke and that really made a mess.