xisto Community
tdktank59

Desile Cars Can Run On Olive Oil! did u know that

Yeah im my biology class my teacher was taling to us about cars and stuff..and we got on the subject of alternat fules cars lol...and you can take a desile car and turn it into a olive oil car lol... all you have to do is clean all the desile out of the car system and do some fun things and then itll run off of cooking oil...just go to a mcdonalds and ask for there cooking oul they normaly will give it to you for free or cheep cause it costs more money to get rid of it then to give it away lol...Just thought id let u know

Additionally, most diesel engines will run on jet fuel as well. In particular, Jet A and Jet B fuels. Older army trucks are able to use multiple fuels sources including gasoline, diesel, karosene, grain alcohol, etc. Many gasoline powered cars can be converted to use either natural gas or propane (LP) at a reasonable cost.vujsa

Daryl Hannah, now famous for playing the evil villain in Kill Bill but previously for the role in the movie Splash, has been driving this old GTO with modified diesel engine that runs on any cooking oil--new or recycled. She's been advocating this modification since the early 90's. I modified my heater for my house to run on kerosene, heating oil or diesel fuel just last year. It's imperative that we start to utilize cleaner burning fuels or alternative energy source.

well the one fact i can think that olive oil is used is that its combustible if you deep fat fry something you will notice it boiling and what not which makes it into a gas and thus moves through the system.But i have to say electric cars are the way to go i think its time to leave the oil alone and start working on mass producing electric cars hopefully we get to have that opportunity in this centruy for it to happen and thus people can stop fighting about the oil.but in reality thats why electric cars are not coming out due to the fact that no one is really making money off of them which is sad to me that people would rather fight about a resource that wll be gone eventually and thus break the world economy down, which would mean the middle east will most likely suffer the worse since they rely on oil to run their governments.of course i think water and wind are the the true source of energy as well, its a unlimited supply and it can be recycled as well. hopefully the next generation will realize that and start doing something about it because the baby boom generation has pretty much set the standard of ruining everyone once the right thing goes wrong.

Wow, this is a very interesting topic indeed.I never knew that you could use these things instead of the standard fuel for the vehicles.Would these modified fuels, such as the cooking oils be better for the environment with the greenhouse effect?Even if it doesn't help the environment, then it would be using less fossil fuels meaning that the fuels are left for better things. This would also be a cheaper method.It's amazing, the things you can transfer standard things, such as diesel too.Ah well, you learn new things everyday!

Running a car off olive oil probably wouldn't be the best idea. Where I live olive oil can be quite expensive, more than gasoline and it probably wouldn't be very effecient. Also the emissions are probably quite unclean.If we want to help the enviroment we should be looking at cars that run off electricity or hydrogen.

acutally they doesn't just run on olive oil, they run on vegetable oil. Most just get for free from restaurants, who have to pay to get rid of the frying oil anyway. But from what i understand, getting your car to run on vegetable oil isn't that hard or expensive. Places will do it for you and you can also keep your regular gaz tank, switch from one to other. Kinda like what the hybrids do.
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_svo.html
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
anyway, if you do a search on google you'll find tons of info on it.round

Wow, this is a very interesting topic indeed.

I never knew that you could use these things instead of the standard fuel for the vehicles.

Would these modified fuels, such as the cooking oils be better for the environment with the greenhouse effect?

Even if it doesn't help the environment, then it would be using less fossil fuels meaning that the fuels are left for better things. This would also be a cheaper method.

It's amazing, the things you can transfer standard things, such as diesel too.

Ah well, you learn new things everyday!

193621[/snapback]

its only byproduct of running it is h2o... nothing else spet frenchfry smelly exausht lol...

Wow that is very interesting. I am going to get a diesel truck over any other truck. Using olive oil is better than using liquid gold in your diesel car or truck (petrolium based fuel). This probably will save alot of money and more people need to be aware of things like this.

some countries in asia are now developing some possible alternate to gas and they are called biogas, I heard that they are made from coconut.Same as other poster have mentioned, olive oil is pretty expensive in my place, (we cannot even use it normally for cooking purposes) so I guess this is not applicable on all area but a good thing to know and a great alternative for others