xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bonniecool

Satellite Images Confirm Mystery Glow In Ocean ?Milky sea? colony of bacteria

Mariners have long told of rare nighttime events in which the ocean glows intensely as far as the eye can see in all directions.
Fictionally, such a "milky sea" is encountered by the Nautilus in Jules Verne classic "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea."

Scientists don't have a good handle what's going on. But satellite sensors have now provided the first pictures of a milky sea and given new hope to learning more about the elusive events.

you can find the photo here:
milky sea

Notice from wassie:
Dont forget the quotes if you copy something from another site

Edited by wassie (see edit history)

Interesting story, I blame the aliens. But next time use qoute tags if you're copying something directly from another site.

192801[/snapback]

thats crazy... havnt read or seen those movies but that is funny lol...

I think aliens have been here for ever and will be. They just havnt shown themselves... If there is not another life form out there that is capable of what we can do or more then who ever made this darn galaxy has a problem lol...

hmmm interesting but i thought certain type of algae glowed in the dark, but best guess would be a volcano hot pocket.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I never heard about this before. It might be just what the article says it is, bioluminescent bacteria, or maybe it might be some type of chemical that was spilled/dumped into the ocean? Once again, cool find. I hope to see more types of posts just as this one!!!

what about ufo's? explain those and ghost and the loch ness monster and bigfoot. Unexplain stuff happens all the time. Who knows mayeb the sunlight hit hte hubble telescope or something.

Wow that is really cool. I kinda wish i owned a boat and was traveling in that area while that was happening. I think that the view would be something one would never forget. That is in a dark ocean there was light in all directions while the moon was overhead. It would be amazing

I dont really see how it can relate to aliens, unless they were having an under the sea party. *the little mermaid song came to my head*under the sea

wow lol...We come in peace eh? LOL! I'm sorry, I'm a big believer on other life. Not neccisarily aliens, but, you know, others...lolI havn't seen teh pic but, I'll check it out.

Sounds good to me ^_^ I want to be on a voyage while this is happening... it'll be nice to be stuck on a piece of water that's radiating light... wow, there, now I'm sure I'll dream about this tonight ^_^ Thanks for sharing, this is rather curious.