xisto Community
Antihack

Web Browsers Safest Internet Web Browsers

Ok there is a big topic going around about web browsers. The facts are web browsers are made to browse the web and bring back anything you tell it to no matter whats inside. This is why so many people get viruses. The important thing to do is learn how to use your browsers internet settings. If you learn the settings for your browser they apply to all. However there are safer web browsers the best are (Firefox) which is also faster than Internet Explorer. Then there is (Opera), this is the fastest and safest browser on the web. However some sites and things you do on the web are not compatible with Opera so you would then use Internet Explorer to go to those places. In the mean time you surf everywhere else with Opera. Why is it safer, because the company strives to make it safe by blocking the things that aim to harm your pc before it happens. Also If someone goes to attack your browser they will not be doing it correctly because Opera broadcasts that it is Internet Explorer so everyone on the web thinks you are using Internet Explorer instead of opera. There are certain sites that tell you what browser you are using in order to sell you something. Now they wont even now what you have. Of course if you dont know what your attacking you will never attack it correctly. Thus Opera comes out on top agian.

It is useful setting Opera as IE, but it can be annoying on sites using javascript to detect which browser you are using, and then the entire site layout goes haywire. Then again it is more secure.

I personally like Firefox, but now that Opera is free, I might try it. And if Opera broadcasts aatseld as IE, then why do sites go haywire? Is iy because the sites assume that the IE engine is running, and display pages optimized for IE? And then Opera can't display the pages properly?

Is iy because the sites assume that the IE engine is running, and display pages optimized for IE? And then Opera can't display the pages properly?

It's because IE uses a different rendering engine from Opera: Opera is a standards-compliant browser, IE isn't. A lot of sites uses CSS hacks to get things to work in IE and if Opera identifies itself as IE, it gets fed these hacks which aren't compatible with its rendering engine and result in incorrect display.
You can, of course, set Opera to identify as Opera or Firefox rather than IE.

but you can't get viruses from browsing the net. What you can get is spyware which isn't really a virus and you only get that if you download something. You still no matter what have to click ok to everything, so if you pay attention you won't accidently install a virus.round

Of course if you click on something you will get the virus still. The only thing opera does with its security is blocks spyware and viruses coming in from the pop-ups, banner ads, and cookies. Operas security works to block all of this. So does Firefox I love firefox too. Firefox does all the same except telling everyone its Internet Explorer. Also Firefox is more compatible with websites the only one Ive had problems with is (pogo.com). Yet Opera still stands safer and has been selected as the safest in 2004-2005. Like I said just keep Internet Exporer handy for those sites you cant access.

To me, both Opera and Firefox tie for first. They're safe to use, and they also protect you from viruses, and spyware. But some of their main uses is their pop-up blocker, which comes with it and does a great job with it.What I like about it, though, is that it's safe to check your bank acounts, email, or anything with them. With IE, there's a change that someone might get your password or something. Also, with EI, you can get alot of spam mail. Which is a killer with hotmail and yahoo accounts, especially with their free mails.I'll have to agree with others on that Opera is the best, but Firefox comes in real close. It just depends on the person and their likes about a browsers.

Agreed.

To me, both Opera and Firefox tie for first. They're safe to use, and they also protect you from viruses, and spyware. But some of their main uses is their pop-up blocker, which comes with it and does a great job with it.

What I like about it, though, is that it's safe to check your bank acounts, email, or anything with them. With IE, there's a change that someone might get your password or something. Also, with EI, you can get alot of spam mail. Which is a killer with hotmail and yahoo accounts, especially with their free mails.

I'll have to agree with others on that Opera is the best, but Firefox comes in real close. It just depends on the person and their likes about a browsers.

192967[/snapback]

Ok there is a big topic going around about web browsers. The facts are web browsers are made to browse the web and bring back anything you tell it to no matter whats inside.  This is why so many people get viruses.  The important thing to do is learn how to use your browsers internet settings. If you learn the settings for your browser they apply to all. However there are safer web browsers the best are (Firefox) which is also faster than Internet Explorer.  Then there is (Opera), this is the fastest and safest browser on the web. However some sites and things you do on the web are not compatible with Opera so you would then use Internet Explorer to go to those places. In the mean time you surf everywhere else with Opera. Why is it safer, because the company strives to make it safe by blocking the things that aim to harm your pc before it happens. Also If someone goes to attack your browser they will not be doing it correctly because Opera broadcasts that it is Internet Explorer so everyone on the web thinks you are using Internet Explorer instead of opera.  There are certain sites that tell you what browser you are using in order to sell you something. Now they wont even now what you have. Of course if you dont know what your attacking you will never attack it correctly. Thus Opera comes out on top agian.

192692[/snapback]

i think that firefox is miles better than all other web browsers because it has an amazing builkt in security feture

Yep, as many of you say, it has been proven that opera is the safest browser, closely followed by firefox. I have read this on a computer magazine i bought.I still use internet explorer though. Apparently, if you disable activex on internet explorer, then this makes internet explorer a securer browser too?I like firefox's security feature, but internet explorer is slowly catching up.Haven't tried opera but might download this as you guys reckon it's a top notch browser. I find ie the fastest on my pc!

Could anyone tell me what security feature Firefox has built in?The main reson that Firefox and Opera are more secure, is that most crap you get from IE is because of special programming that Firefox and Opera doesn't understand, and therefore you won't get anything.And the reason that IE is less secure is simply that there are more people using it, therefore if you make something bad, it's best to make it for IE since more people will get it.

if you run linux and want to be safe from popups and ads and toolbars, use links or lynx. text browsers...but most of us wouldn't live with that. I agree with amezis to that the reason why anything would be more vulnerable is because there are more people using it.firefox also just doesn't allow toolbars to hook on to yur browser unless you actually click and run the exe or script for the toolbar.

I think that opera is the safest browser due to the reason that it isn't used as much as the other browsers and because of this it isn't a common target for people to exploit. But Opera probably does have alot unknown security problems that are yet to be discovered.