xisto Community
tdktank59

Play Any Type Of Music/instrument?

Well Yeah what instrument do you play or instruments do you play!!!!I myslef play the Tuba in Benicia Symphonic Band and the Sousaphone in the Marching band.I have also played trumpet. The French Horn and the Trombone.... I expect i can play any other brass instrument because they are all nearly the same with the buzzing and other things. But as soon as you show me wood winds or more than 5 keys/buttons you have lost me...Besides the piano that is lol i can play alittle nothing much just like twinkle twinkle lol...I am currently learning the bass guitar so i can play Upright Bass in Jazz Band !!!!I have also been to the Rose Parade in 2005!!! So our little city which most havnt heard is one of the best throughout Callifornia (highschool bands)

I play bass. A few of my major influences are Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, etc. Not only do I play bass, but I'm also building my own (totally from scratch, mind you. No kits for me) at the moment. You can check it out at tbbassprogress.blogspot.com if you would like.

I play the drums or played I guess is more accurate. High School was the Concert and Marching band stuff with a little jazz. Then in college I played in the Jazz band there. I haven't played in a long time, but I'm really interested in getting back into it. Trying to rally some friends to get together a Rock band.In the mean time I have started to teach myself to play the guitar. Been playing for a few years now, but I'm not really that good yet. I probably don't really practice as much as I should.

I play bass. A few of my major influences are Jaco Pastorius, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, etc. Not only do I play bass, but I'm also building my own (totally from scratch, mind you. No kits for me) at the moment. You can check it out at tbbassprogress.blogspot.com if you would like.

192888[/snapback]

dude thats pretty awsome!!! kitty cat..... lol...

Yeah i tried playing trombone for like a week and gave up but its all the same really just being able to buzz into the mouth piece...

i mostly play tuba and sousaphone now and trying to learn bass...

but i pick up my trumpet evey once in a while

I only play the trumpet and piano nowadays. I used to play the recorder when I was very young, but gave up when it was starting to irritate me.I love the trumpet; the piano is getting a bit hard for my liking now though :huh:Still, as I always say, practice makes perfect!

I play bass, although I haven't actually played in like a month or so. Too busy. I listen to everything, and I hope to learn all sorts of styles. Right now I am trying to focus on the funk slap/pop style.

I play Alto Saxophone for the school band. I could be better and practice more but its fun. We are playing The Incredibles, some of the music from the musical "Wicked" or w/e, Amber Waves of Grain, Lexington March, and some others. We play about 5 to 8 songs for our concerts. Some of 2 pages, some are one, and some are 3. I really like The Incredibles. Great movie and great piece. Oh yeah. We are also playing "It Came Apon a MidNight Clear". Fun pieces :huh:

For all of the bassists, have you ever heard of Talkbass.com. If not, check it out. There is an awesome forum, and we're all like one big family. My username is the same as it is here.

I play the trumpet, drums, and keyboard for my school band. I'm not really good at it though because I'm like 3rd chair, first being the best of course. And ive never made it to county, unlike the rest of my bandmates. its sad but true

I don't play any instruments :huh: I sort of regret not begging my mother enough to enrol me in music classes. I wish no that I spent my summer vacations having guitar lessons when I was younger and not just lie around in the house. So now for my graduation gift I'm begging my mother for a SHINY, RED, ELECTRIC GUITAR!! Kidding! I don't even know how to play the acoustic.