xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bonniecool

What Processor Do You Prefer?

what is the best processor for you?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive never had any thing else but Intel processors. But I would like to try an MD next since im really into gaming and that stuff and AMD is muh better tan Intel when it commes to games.

I know the AMD processors are fast but in my opinion the heat too much! So what would you reccomend?I was thinking to stay on intel ! They cost less they don't heat too much but they are a little bit slower! But that just me :huh:

I prefer AMD , not just beacuse I have AMD but beacuse I do not like Intel , Intel had the monopol in the processor production and when AMD came I choose it just to get rid of Intel :huh: And now AMD is much better (to me presonaly) then Intel even by performances , AMD is just what I need !

If your idea is use the CPU with his original values i advice you to use the INTEL . If you want to buy cheat processors and then overclock them, amd is better as the allow you to get values wich you must spend much more money to get them with intel processors... :)

I like AMD over Intel for a number of reason, one of the main reasons is simply that you get more for the money that you pay and both are typically stable processor to buy. I currently have an Athlon 64 3000+ which I am very happy with and had no problems with, I also used to have a few Athlon XPs (2500 and 2800) and also a couple of durons (1.3 and 1.6) which all were great. I am not looking forward to getting an Althon X2 over a Pentium D because once again the price differences for similar performance and also the general concensus is that AMD is better for gaming which is one of the major reasons why I continue to upgrade my processor.

The only downside of this processor is that it is having less l2 cache and that is of only 512 kb...i would have been better if it was either 1 mb or 2 mb. I dont know how it is possible that processor of speed of 2.0 Ghz is able to compete with Intel's 3.0 Ghz and that is the reason why they call it 3000+..strange huh?

Really depends on what you're running. Several benchmarks have shown that games don't care too much about cache as long as you have at least 512kb, more than that makes no difference. Also, keep in mind the important fact that AMD and Intel run very differently, so where cache may be important for one, for the other, that might not be the case. The reason why the AMD 2.0 ghz is branded 3000+ is because in benchmarks, it's able to perform better than an Intel counterpart running at 3.0 ghz.

Intel is brand name which i would prefer. The most common reson for this is it is widely popular in the world. People like to buy items of the popular brand in my point of view.