xisto Community
bonniecool

Water Fuel Engine?

This question has been in my mind for at least a year. My friend told me that water fuel engine has been developed but can't appear on the market because it will reduce the oil companies' profit and use too much water to cause water problem all over the world.Is this true that the water fuel engine has already existed??

This question has been in my mind for at least a year. My friend told me that water fuel engine has been developed but can't appear on the market because it will reduce the oil companies' profit and use too much water to cause water problem all over the world.

Is this true that the water fuel engine has already existed??

192654[/snapback]

i think you're talking about the fuel cell engine. It runs on hydrogen gas. The by-product is water. It is not practice for a water fuel engine because the amount that is being uses is the same as the amount the water will create.

i think you're talking about the fuel cell engine. It runs on hydrogen gas. The by-product is water. It is not practice for a water fuel engine because the amount that is being uses is the same as the amount the water will create.

192998[/snapback]

its possible but ypu would have to do a turbin that pushes the water through and yeah its point less...

ahhhhhh time to give you the lowdown. . . .MANY amazing inventions have been invented and patented and then bought out and never seen again.I know sum1 who worked at Ford, and he rememeber seeing some guy who had invented a car which ran on water. . . . simialr to a fuel cell. . .but Ford bought out the Patent to the technology, and it was never seen again . . why?. . . because it would harm OIL produces profits . . . Same with lightbulbs. . . . someone invented an ever lasting lightbulb. . . . the tehcnolgoy was bought out by a bulb co0mpany and never seen again . . . why?. . because if everyone bought them, they would go out of buisness. . . .its quite sad how such efficient inventions and ideas are all swept udner the carpet because people would loose money. . .

This question has been in my mind for at least a year. My friend told me that water fuel engine has been developed but can't appear on the market because it will reduce the oil companies' profit and use too much water to cause water problem all over the world.

Is this true that the water fuel engine has already existed??

192654[/snapback]

yeh i think so i heard about it somewhere i think in the newspaper

I've heard about multiple variations of the "water" fueled engine, including different hydrogen engines and the most popular fuel cell design. But haven't heard anywhere that it'll use so much water that its a problem! One thing to note is that you physically cannot destroy water. You can change the form and appearance and even react it to other elements but you can always get it back :huh:

I've heard about multiple variations of the "water" fueled engine, including different hydrogen engines and the most popular fuel cell design. But haven't heard anywhere that it'll use so much water that its a problem! One thing to note is that you physically cannot destroy water. You can change the form and appearance and even react it to other elements but you can always get it back :huh:

193227[/snapback]

that is not true. Because when you break down the molecules to release the energy. Some of the mass will convert into ENERGY (that's how you get energy). So therefore, you will have less water. BUt water is an abundant source so it's nothing to worry about and it's easy to make water anyway.

jeez, i though you were going to do a post on steam engines. take a look at
this, converting your car to tap water powered. I wonder if this even works.

A water engine is very unrealistic, it probably exsist but it would serve no purpose. The water engine would have to do vast amounts of water to propell a car and the car size would increase by like 5x to beable to support enough water to last as long as a full tank of gas. On the other hand though the fuel cell is becoming very popular and the by product of hydrogen of course is water. The main issue with these fuel cells is that its extremley dangerous, although they have done a good job of reducing the risk with a very secure cell. Although when a hydrogen station explodes its alot different from a gas station, it would cause a much greater explosion. Take for example the hydrogen bomb thats what could be caused if something were to go terribly wrong.

Yes, to actually release the hydrogen from the water would in itself be impractical. The car would have to be very big to hold enough water to fuel it, and the apparatus used to split the water would be large. I think it was probably true that someone invented a water fuel cell, although it was too impractical to use, at which point the urban myths started...

Well, teknotom, not necessarily. Water can be charged at another place, perhaps a water fuel plant. Secondly, Water is available anywhere, especially in the oceans and the seas. People can practically create drains or pipes that drives water from the ocean to various water fuel plants. Hmm, perhaps, you can check more on it on Wikipedia.

Cells that use soft water as fuel are not acceptable. If we can use hard water such as the water directly from the oceans, it would be a breakthrough technology and could change the future of energy crisis and world economics! But my little chem knowledge tells me that it is almost next to impossible. Coz you would either have to heat-up that water or break it down to it's constituent elements. But that would give us salts as the residue which damages the apparatus!!

Oil companies will close down once oil becomes rare and automobile?companies?will have to find alternate fuels.

?BUt water is an abundant source so it's nothing to worry about and it's easy to make water anyway.

Is this come kind of a joke??? :rolleyes:;):D Take a look at this picture:

Posted Image

Thsi is a regular sight in many countries. Even in upscale cities like mumbai(India), we get water for just 4 hrs a day. This has become a way of life. True, we have a borewell connection for every building but that provides only?hard?water.?

It also isn't easy to create water!!!! You can take out Hydrogen and Oxygen from water but you can't make water just by adding H and O!!!!!

Last night I read in the papers that some famous seer has predicted that the 3rd world war would be for possession of drinking water!! This is a serious issue guys.

This is my plea to everyone. Please donot waste precious water. By saving water you may not help other countries but you can ensure that your nation does not face a water crisis in the near future.

Can someone please e-mail me if they can find a link of anything that talks about converting water to hydrogen using electricity and being able to make that hydrogen combustible at a large rate iv already done this but at a very small rate, is there something I can use different than graphite as conductors stuff like that but specific thanks a lot stephemmm att aim_dot_com-john

John,Even giant corporates admit that creating hydrogen from H2O is costly and takes long time. I do not believe any countermeasure of creating hydrogen at a faster rate has been discovered, yet.If any device that can electrolyte to separate hydrogen from water, it would be the end of the current quest "how do we get inexpensive H2?"The second quest is to convince the world hydrogen is safe. But thanks to misconception of Hindenburg explosion, the world will never trust hydrogen and its usefulness. As we now know, hydrogen was NOT the cause of the explosion but, the static electricity sparked by the outer coating of airship's canvas--cordite.There's a U.S. patent of high compressed water pressurized motor that can generate enough energy to move a vehicle at 50 MPH (miles per hour). No other fossil fuel burning device is needed. This same invention is followed by more efficient engine--compressed air engine that clams to move a vehicle at 80 MPH. These patents were invented by an American whose son has taken over advocating compressed air engine. However, due to other ramification, this invention is not widely accepted by automotive industries. You can smell the conspiracy from miles away.On more positive side: scientists are now working on bioelectric engine. Scientists are hard at work on gathering the usefulness of bacterias that release electricity through metabolism. When I read about this I immediately thought of Back To The Future movie where Doc puts banana peels to power the time traveling car. Together with bioelectricity and hybrid engine we can cut 50% of oil consumption, by my calculation. Imagine that a single fill up can last you a month or more, and the streets will be free from litters because they could be the very source of bioelectricity. Ah... allow me to dream :)