xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
atomicnacho

New Lcd Monitor just got it today

So my old Wal-mart special KDS 17" monitor was on it's way out after about 2 years. So I bit the bullet and upgraded to an LCD. I managed to get a great deal at newegg on a FujiPlus 19" 12ms unit. I basically would have paid the same for a 19" crt. It seems to me that LCD prices are really starting to be comparable to CRT. Gotta wait for a stupid rebate though, which kinda sucks.It just got my hands on it today and I have to say that I'm blown away. I have it plugged into my 9700pro in the DVI and it is awesome. Nice and crisp and no dead pixels. I got lucky apparently because about a third or so of the people that posted a review on newegg about it had a couple. I haven't played any games yet but I'm not anticipating having a problem due to the 12ms response time.They still have a rebate going on and the price after is still really good, I won't post a link because I don't want to break any advertising rules, but if you are in the market for an LCD. I highly recomend checking it out.

So my old Wal-mart special KDS 17" monitor was on it's way out after about 2 years.  So I bit the bullet and upgraded to an LCD.  I managed to get a great deal at newegg on a FujiPlus 19" 12ms unit.  I basically would have paid the same for a 19" crt.  It seems to me that LCD prices are really starting to be comparable to CRT.  Gotta wait for a stupid rebate though, which kinda sucks.

It just got my hands on it today and I have to say that I'm blown away.  I have it plugged into my 9700pro in the DVI and it is awesome.  Nice and crisp and no dead pixels.  I got lucky apparently because about a third or so of the people that posted a review on newegg about it had a couple.  I haven't played any games yet but I'm not anticipating having a problem due to the 12ms response time.

They still have a rebate going on and the price after is still really good, I won't post a link because I don't want to break any advertising rules, but if you are in the market for an LCD.  I highly recomend checking it out.

192643[/snapback]

I know of a better monitor. is the Samsung SyncMaster 930BF 19" Ultra Fast 4ms LCD Display 4 ms lol thats crazy... I want to get duel of these lol...

But sounds like a nice monitor im stuck with this nasty bohemith of a monitor... its 21 inch sun mircorsystems crt... wieghs like 50 lbs... its a nice monitor tho.

Hey a history/science thing on crt vs lcd

CRT:

Pros:

* Inexpensive

* Multisync Capable

* High Refresh Rates

* Color Clarity and Depth

Cons:

* Large Footprint on Desktop

* Very Heavy

* Use Large Amounts of Energy

* Generate Excess Heat

LCD:

Pros:

* Takes up Little Space on Desktop

* Light Weight

* Energy Efficient

* Causing Less Eye Fatigue

Cons:

* Expensive

* Blurry Images Outside Native Resolution

* Motion Blur on Fast Moving Images

* Washed Out Colors

Conclusions

So which is the better type of monitor to buy? It all comes down to how one will be using the monitor with their computer systems. CRTs are best suited for individuals who use it for desktop publishing, graphics development, gaming (and don't need portability) or are on a tight budget for buying a computer. LCDs are best suited for those individuals who use the computer heavily for word processing, programming or have limited desk space for the computer. As the technology improves with LCDs and the cost comes down more, LCDs will dominate the market and CRTs will remain for those who require them for specific professions. Just remember that monitors tend to outlive the functional lifetime of a computer system and can easily be used between systems, so it is best not to skimp too much when buying a display.

so theres that hers another thing that site fails to state... in word for word that is...

CRT monitors emit light at you while LCD monitors glow.

So thats why

LCDs are best suited for those individuals who use the computer heavily for word processing, programming

and CRTs are ment for shorter uses...

I have both types (laptop for lcd)

i have never had any blurs... but havnt had those fast games yet installed lol... But there is a noticeable diffrence... Whith crt after a while my eyes start to hurt while with the lcd it takes a very long time i am talking like 10 hours while crt is more like 30 mins to an hour so... I like LCD over CRT

What was the price you paid? My sony 17" lcd probably cost around 300 bucks. Maybe it's just sony. I want another monitor with good contrast and 8ms or lower...as a second screen...but screw that I'll just dual monitor.

I have a samsung syncmaster 930b LCD monitor, it was the best 19" monitor available at the nearby computer store when I purchased it and I'm very happy with it. It has 8ms response time and high contrast. Not too long later a similar monitor came out with a 4ms response time. I personally can't tell the difference between a 8ms and 4ms response time so 8ms is good enough for me.Before I purchased an LCD I had a CRT. There was a big different in terms of my eye conditions. Before when I went on the computer early in the morning after I got out of bed it would burn for a few seconds and when staying on the computer for a long time my eyes would get really tired. That doesn't happen to me anymore with the LCD monitor.

What was the price you paid? My sony 17" lcd probably cost around 300 bucks. Maybe it's just sony. I want another monitor with good contrast and 8ms or lower...as a second screen...but screw that I'll just dual monitor.

193610[/snapback]

I got it for 219 after the rebate. Which is a fantastic deal. I know there are some faster and better LCDs out there, but I can't afford them. I'm really happy with the FujiPlus. I was a little afraid becasue of the low price, but it is great.

Nice. I won't give any suggestions about LCD monitors because I have never had one. I am so sad. Oh well I guess I better go get one soon but I am working on raising money to build my new computer tower so I will just work a LCD monitor into it all.