xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hiaito

Psp Vs Ds

Well i'd like to give to a detailed discription on which handheld gaming system prevails. I say the Nintendo DS prevails against the PSP.The Nintendo DS (Dual-Screen), in my mind, is better than the PSP (Portable-Sony-Playstation) because of the very fact that the Nintendo DS truly exists to be a better console than the PSP. Nintendo are more experienced in the way of the portable, and Sony are just out to get more money and try to 'dominate the whole market' as I put it. Unlike Nintendo, Sony are just out to make money. Lots and lots of money. They don't give a damn about there customers either. On another note, Sony use discs. Discs are much worse for a Portable. Sure, they can hold more stuff. But, if you leave a disc out in the open too long, dust collects on the back of it, it gets scratched and the data corrupts.Also, the internet on it? You do realise they'll have to charge you for that somehow and you'll still need a wireless connection in the house or place that you're doing it in. The wireless internet isn't much use without WI-FI, just for the tip there. The DS has at least a 2-4 hour better battery time, I think it was, then the PSP, which makes more time for gaming. The PSP will give you 4 -6 hours of Gaming and 4-5 hours of Video, while the DS gives you from 6 to 10 hours of gaming play with a 4 hour charge. (I don't know the PSP's charge time). I must admit, the PSP looks stylish. I liked the look of it, actually. It's a nice sleek black color with rounded edges. It's got that to it, but from what I've read, it has a bad framerate. Even though it does boast a good 16.77 million colours and a 1.3 inches larger screen, the console just seems to lack something. It's doesn't seem 'special' enough, especially for the $180 they're asking for it.The Nintendo DS isn't something that's out to compete with the PSP, unlike people's ideas. the DS is there to show off what new technology they have and what they can do, instead of trying to steal the show. This is not the new Gameboy, this is the Nintendo DS, more of an experimental handheld. Unlike the PSP, it's not trying to be super big, it's trying to be technological. It's got a sleek looking design and has to have enough power in it to power two screens, it does that perfectly and still lasts longer than the PSP.The PSP, from reading its specs, seems cluttered with dials to turn things off, turn things down and such. The screen dominates it and it doesn't give enough room for anything else. I mean, how are you supposed to bite it when you get mad? It's flimsy and could break in your hands, never mind your jaw.That's why I'd go for the Nintendo DS, instead of the PSP. If I got enough money, I'd buy a PSP, of course. I'd like to see how good, or bad, it is, really. But, unfortunately, I don't got the money and $180 sounds a bit much for my liking, especially with bills and stuff coming on in.

Do you know that you can buy a movie player to the DS?

This is doing the DS better than the PSP, becouse the PSP:s Memory sticks cost so much!

This movie player use CF-Flash, it is very cheap. With this you can watch movies in 8 h!!
(If you have a 512 MB flash card and the badest quality, but it is not so bad:))

You can buy it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lik_Sang

But in fact is the PSP better on some points:

+Better graphics
+You can surf the internet
+Download more operating systems
+Built in media port (memory stick port I ment)
+Big screen :huh:

But it have some minus too:
-The processor is underclocked (it runs on 222 MHz)
-The media cards cost very much (it is cheaper to buy a movie player and a CF flash card)
-The big screen gets very easy scratches
-Many dead pixels
-Low battery time
-Very high-costing
-Some small problems like that the UMD disk plops out, problems with the buttons, and avery bad analouge stick.

Of course the DS HAVE Many problems too, but a system who costs so much like the psp
shouldnt have so many problems.

I Think e DSs better. (But the PSPis good to)

You sorta repeated everything I said except the part about the DS having a "movie player". I'll do some research on it later. But atleast someone has agreed to my 3 page review. :huh:

Do you know that you can buy a movie player to the DS?
This is doing the DS better than the PSP, becouse the PSP:s Memory sticks cost so much!

This movie player use CF-Flash, it is very cheap. With this you can watch movies in 8 h!!
(If you have a 512 MB flash card and the badest quality, but it is not so bad:))

You can buy it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lik_Sang

wow, that really changed my opinon on the DS. And also, i like the DS's chatting system. You could use the stylist to write or even type. They even have the japanese characters. That enable you to cheat in japanese class. LOL. The touch screen is nice too.

But t hen PSP have better games. And the graphic is better. Smaller pixels.

What i think DS is lacking in its looks. Doesn't seem high tech as the PSP. Which give people bad impressions.

Well i'd like to give to a detailed discription on which handheld gaming system prevails. I say the Nintendo DS prevails against the PSP.
The Nintendo DS (Dual-Screen), in my mind, is better than the PSP (Portable-Sony-Playstation) because of the very fact that the Nintendo DS truly exists to be a better console than the PSP. Nintendo are more experienced in the way of the portable, and Sony are just out to get more money and try to 'dominate the whole market' as I put it. Unlike Nintendo, Sony are just out to make money. Lots and lots of money. They don't give a damn about there customers either.

On another note, Sony use discs. Discs are much worse for a Portable. Sure, they can hold more stuff. But, if you leave a disc out in the open too long, dust collects on the back of it, it gets scratched and the data corrupts.

Also, the internet on it? You do realise they'll have to charge you for that somehow and you'll still need a wireless connection in the house or place that you're doing it in. The wireless internet isn't much use without WI-FI, just for the tip there.

The DS has at least a 2-4 hour better battery time, I think it was, then the PSP, which makes more time for gaming. The PSP will give you 4 -6 hours of Gaming and 4-5 hours of Video, while the DS gives you from 6 to 10 hours of gaming play with a 4 hour charge. (I don't know the PSP's charge time).

I must admit, the PSP looks stylish. I liked the look of it, actually. It's a nice sleek black color with rounded edges. It's got that to it, but from what I've read, it has a bad framerate. Even though it does boast a good 16.77 million colours and a 1.3 inches larger screen, the console just seems to lack something. It's doesn't seem 'special' enough, especially for the $180 they're asking for it.

The Nintendo DS isn't something that's out to compete with the PSP, unlike people's ideas. the DS is there to show off what new technology they have and what they can do, instead of trying to steal the show. This is not the new Gameboy, this is the Nintendo DS, more of an experimental handheld. Unlike the PSP, it's not trying to be super big, it's trying to be technological. It's got a sleek looking design and has to have enough power in it to power two screens, it does that perfectly and still lasts longer than the PSP.

The PSP, from reading its specs, seems cluttered with dials to turn things off, turn things down and such. The screen dominates it and it doesn't give enough room for anything else. I mean, how are you supposed to bite it when you get mad? It's flimsy and could break in your hands, never mind your jaw.

That's why I'd go for the Nintendo DS, instead of the PSP. If I got enough money, I'd buy a PSP, of course. I'd like to see how good, or bad, it is, really. But, unfortunately, I don't got the money and $180 sounds a bit much for my liking, especially with bills and stuff coming on in.

Well yes Nited DS is great for if you do not have the money for a PSP and you still can play games like both were made. PSP is great for if you also like to watch movies, have pics on there, and music. DS is good for if you want to play games and also have the cool touch screen. So i guess you can judge it if you have the money and how you like to play games. :)

DS has some of the most idiotic games I have ever seen...it cold be a great system if only game developers would get createive with the whole touchscreen thing and make decent games for it. I liked Metroid prime for the DS, and the touchscreen felt like it was meant to be part of the game, now they are coming out with all these kiddy games like pac man or baby mario!! Where as the PSP has awsome games for it, and they look so and play so much better than the DS games! The huge screen on the PSP looks fantastic, and you can watch movies on it which like high def as I've ever seen. Now sound wise, psp has that category also i'm afraid. Just face the facts, PSP is just a better system all around. Nintendo tried to be different, but sometimes being different is not always the best thing...which I hope isn't going to happen with the new Revolution coming out.

sorry about ur luck lipid but it looks like the revolution will be something creative...i happen to like both systems... they both have their advantages and disadvantages... overall the PSP is better but game wise... eh~... the PSP has great games dont get me wrong but are they really worth buying on PSP instead of PS2? almost all the good games i see for PSP are out on another console too... it just seems a bit pointless to me... if they got a PSP to PS2 player, then it would be fine because then people would get the PSP games and not the PS2... and i hate to say it but the UMD movies are just plain stupid... no one buys them or is really going to unless they happen to be rich or just LOVE the movie... and that the PSP has online capabilites and the memory card and can act as an media player too is also sweet... now onto the DS... graphically, it is not as good and no one can dispute that unless theyre a moron... but game wise... i think the DS is better... yes, most of the games are useless to be on the DS and dont take advantage of the two screens/touch screen but SOME do... such as Metroid Prime, Nintendogs, and Kirby's Canvas.... there are some more but honestly... im not going to buy either because i think they are both a waste of money... if u travel a lot, then get the PSP, if u dont travel much but like some DS games, get it... if u can afford both... then by all means get them both...

Do I have to do a review on the Nintendo Revolution, too? First of all...its gonna suck. The Revolution may pull in some great party games, but thats it. Perhaps some Mario, and 1st person shooters; Samus like-games.