xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

Star Wars Empire At War Think CC but with Star Wars units

I've been waiting for this game since May, and it's due out on Feb 6.That's a LONG wait. It's made by Petroglyph, which is mostly composed of ex-Westwood employees. In case you don't know, Westwood is the company responsible for the great Command & Conquer series.

It takes place between episodes 3 and 4. The resource gathering is minimal; you get resources for controlling planets. There's gonna be space combat, which I think is awesome. On bigger ships, you can attack certain parts of them such as the turrets or sheild generators. You'll also need to load yur troops into a transport to attack a planet's surface.The game will take place in the universe, so you can attack and capture whatever planets you want. When attacking the base on the planet's surface, you can call in your spacecraft for backup or bombing runs. There will only be 2 sides (Rebels and Empire) but it srill sounds awesome.

For info on the units check out Petroden

This game is gonna be sweeeeeeet...

Terran told me about this one (he said our Clan, Clan PMM, might expand to it once it's released). Anyways, it looks really good (kinda like Rome: Total War). I heard that the demo is coming out in December. Also, it's going to be like a Galactic War. What I mean is that there will be like 80 planets that you try to capture. You gotta like bring your ships into a system, fight it out in space, then bring stuff down to conquer the planet (or just use the Death Star to blow it up).

Terran told me about this one (he said our Clan, Clan PMM, might expand to it once it's released).  Anyways, it looks really good (kinda like Rome: Total War).  I heard that the demo is coming out in December.  Also, it's going to be like a Galactic War.  What I mean is that there will be like 80 planets that you try to capture.  You gotta like bring your ships into a  system, fight it out in space, then bring stuff down to conquer the planet (or just use the Death Star to blow it up).

198625[/snapback]

Aye, rokhan's pretty much right.

O, also, I was checking out that site. Some of the info for the units is wrong. There are no MC80As, they are just MC80s. The longer Mon Cal with no wings in Home One which is Admiral Ackbar's flagship. Petroglyph personnel have confirmed this. We also know this because never more than one of this version of the Mon Cal appear in a single screenshot/movie.

I've just got this game, alongside the expansion pack "forces of corruption" and I can say this is an awesome game, even if your aren't a massive star wars fan ( though if you hate star wars, I think stick with command and conquer)The space battles are spectacular, and just different enough from standard rts land battles to make them interesting! Similar in style to Rome: total war, with the idea of a larger map where you manage all your planets, and the smaller maps where you battle: the differences being that instead of turn based, rather you get days tick by over time (about once a couple of minutes on standard play time, though there is a fast forward button) and the seperate space/land battles are almost instantaneous on this time scale.As for the battles, they really are good: the ability to target certain spots on the capital ships is an interesting idea. The land battles can be fairly tiresome though, since if you don't get the exact balence of units, your entire army can be defeated by a couple of rocket bearing infantry, and the autoresolve is not to fair on this either....thankfully though, being star wars, there is the alternative option of just destroying the entire planet (and with the expansion, you can also use the death star in the space battles....scary!)Overall, I would say this is an awesome game for Star Wars enthusiasts, a great game for rts players looking for something a little bit different but with the same style gameplay as rome:total war, and a very good game for any other rts player.I love it, and having picked it up REALLY cheap second hand, I can recommend it very strongly!

I only have the original, not the expansion pack. I mainly found the space battles more interesting than the land ones.

yeah, Empire at war really rocks,I Really like the details in the battlecam, makes you feel like your playing a battlescene from the movies when GFX is set to maximum.The expansion is fun as well, but the original game remains the best.