xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hotboi_dee

Problems With Blue Screen After Loading.. HELP

ok, so i'm a new member here..and this site seems like it can help me...i've been having major issues with this maxtor 80hdd that i'm using..one day i turned my computer on..when the loading screen comes up for Windows XP Pro, it flicks and then jump to this, "blue screen" which keeps on restarting my computer. I've been trying to fix this problem for about 6-7 months, and i really don't want to reformat because i have all my "needs" on the desktop..so if yall can help me through this..it'll be greatful of you! :huh:

Did you install a software or a hardware right before this started to happen?

Is there an error message associated with this blue screen? The very first line should show you the error code.

192497[/snapback]

- i'm not sure if i installed anything...i've totally lost my mind over this stupid error..my harddrive now has a problem...when i plug it into this old compaq computer that i'm using...(until i get my other one fixed) it keeps making this tic toc noise..i don't know what's the problem with it.."sometimes it works, sometimes it respond..now i cannot find the error code that's causing this..i'm so mad!

Do you have another hdd that you can put in your computer.If so you can boot from that with your old hdd as a slave drive.You can then copy off whatever files you need from your old drive.Then you can format your old drive.

Do you have another hdd that you can put in your computer.

If so you can boot from that with your old hdd as a slave drive.

You can then copy off whatever files you need from your old drive.

Then you can format your old drive.

193036[/snapback]

Will it work if i already have windows on my corrupted hdd? If i change it to slave...is there any way i can still go into my administrative, documents, etc?? i've tried it already..and i couldn't get any files off of my desktop and documents..

you got the blue screan of death which means you have to re-install everything at most get a new hard drive. and the clicking noise is the parts in your cd rom drive moving when a computer loads up or you got a cd in it.Best thing to do is replace both of them or at least clean your cd rom drive out.

When I had this blue screen before, I managed to somehow boot from the windows xp CD and use the repair function then do a system restore. I don't know whether it'll work for you, but worth a try i suppose.If you done this, you wouldn't lose anything.Otherwise, try booting it up in safe mode (press f8 when it loads).Hope this helps :-)

another thing you could look at is the processor fan.is it clogged up with dirt ?is it noisy ?look in your bios ..... some show fan speed ... should be about 4-5k rpmany of the above could be causing your problem.

therre are no problems with the processor or clogged up with dirt..i cannot go to any of my bios...the blue screen just pop up and it'll automatic restart..i've tried pressing f8 to go to setup..but still no help..i've tried booting the xp cd rom but it say hd is missing..so i switched my master to slave..and it works.just that i cannot get any files from it...URGH!!!

When you boot with your duff hdd as a slave , what do you see on your slave hdd when you browse with explorer.Can you see the folders or is it all corrupted.Is it that you are being blocked from these folders by windows permissions errors ?If it is totally corrupted then you can try data recovery programs. Just google data recovery .... some offer limited trial versions for you to check it out.

When you boot with your duff hdd as a slave , what do you see on your slave hdd when you browse with explorer.

Can you see the folders or is it all corrupted.

Is it that you are being blocked from these folders by windows permissions errors ?

If it is totally corrupted then you can try data recovery programs. Just google data recovery .... some offer limited trial versions for you to check it out.

194818[/snapback]

when i try to get into my folders...it would say that i need permission from administrator. only folders i can go into is program files.

hmmmm, sounds to me like you've somehow messed up your hard-drive, the one with the files.Sometimes it can happen where hard-drives get old, or get infected and cannot be fixed. It may be the case that you have to go down to the shops and look into buying a new one :)I know they're expensive, but with what you've been explaining, it sounds more like you're experiencing the outcome of one of these such infections.Hope this helps.

When you boot with your duff hdd as a slave , what do you see on your slave hdd when you browse with explorer.

Can you see the folders or is it all corrupted.

Is it that you are being blocked from these folders by windows permissions errors ?

If it is totally corrupted then you can try data recovery programs. Just google data recovery .... some offer limited trial versions for you to check it out.

194818[/snapback]

hi, hotboi_dee

I agree what nilo said, end result you may wanted to google data recovery apps.

however, you said that booting with cd is not found you hard drive, so, what about bios?

access bios should be ok, I dont know why you can't access it. coz prompt you to go bios should before windows start up. anyway, try do the following:

When you start your computer. there should and option to prompt you to press del key if go bios setting screen. if you do, you can have it automatically detect the hd. if it did found, you hd connected to computer is fine. if not, try to replace a hd cable first. new hd like the you have should need a new type of 80 pin cable to support it.

after that, if you hd is fine, then you can preform the following procedure:

BE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE STEP BELOW, OTHERWISE, YOU WILL LOST YOUR DATA FOREVER

pre-requiremenet:

a) you must have admin right(==>your current running system) if the filesystem type is ntfs & OS type are windows 2000 or later.

1.) of course, backup all stuff.

2.) go windows explorer ==> windows\system32\config

==> make a copy of it & move this data to a location ( dont need too far, coz you will be moved it back )

3.) go windows\repair ==> copy all the things in this directory to previous directory

3.) restart you computer

test it to see if crash again or not?

if it works, then you can restore the files as above, just delete the new files and move the files back which orginal reside here(windows\system32\config)

if it fails again, then some setting should be wrong in you registry

then, you may try the recover console. this is a command-line based interface that provides you will some details control of what service and drivers/hardware should be activate during system starting up.

you can google the command console on how to use it.

- hope this help

- Eric