xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Itunes Tottaly Messed

Okay guys i figured the people on this forum could help me alot more than just about any one else you see im having a problem with my itunes library(about 1200 songs so kinda a big deal) and ill start right from the begining.Time: saturday: I get on computer turn on itunes it says "you should update to ver 5.0.1!" or somthing like that considign ive been putting this off for quite somtime i say ya sure update. well it boots up firefox and i realize i have to dl this fairly large file and that it WILL take a while so i just close it close fire fox close i tunes and just say hell with it i turn on Windows meda and listen to a bit of billy joel.Well the next day i get on the computer and strangely i turn on itunes and hit play on a selected song and its playing.... but no sound and even the bar is moving across the top that shows how much time is left everyting completly normal just no sound. So i say hmm probably killed it when i sorta closed it on that dl no matter i will just dl the thing and be good to go, Well i download the itunes 5.0.1 thing all 32 megabytes of it (dont laugh on dial up thats alot) HOwever it STILL dosnt work and ive tried multiple things and the bar still moves across..... just dosnt play the problem is i went to the itunes help thingy.... dint get much there got the of course basic stuff such as "are your speakers pluged into the right jack? do they hyave power? etc... or "is the bar at the top left of itunes slid all the way over to the right? if not do so" yes yes all that is fine the volume is turned up the mute is not on every thing should work and windows meda player works just fine so i know its not my speakers. Now to make matters worse i decided to like reload the entire my music folder into itunes it dint neccesarily hurt any thing only problem is now i have like 1,200 duplicates but oh well it was worth a try even though it still dint work. Has any one else had this probleem? im really desperate here. Oh one more thing i can still burn cds off of the i tunes music they work just fine to but for some reason no dang music will play directly off i tunes :huh: any help greatly appreciated zach

I use iTunes, and I have no problems with it. When I started reading, I thought your speaker wasn't plugged, or iTunes was on mute, but...by what you said, I don't know what the problem is. Go to the iTunes support forums, and ask those nerds. :huh: You might get some help.

I had a very similar problem to yours; iTunes seemed to be playing but no sound, but other apps like Windows media player played fine.I tried fixing it for a couple of days and stumbled across a post in some forum that said sometimes itunes glitches up and dosent play certain types of files namely apples .mp4 proply. So I checked what type of files i had use and yes I had got iTunes to change them all to the .mp4 format and to put them in that *darn* iTunes back up directory thing. So i added an mp3 file to my library and like magic it worked. Then i clicked back on a .mp4 file and it worked, since then I have had no problems

stupid

Itunes Tottaly Messed

Replying to zach101

I feel extremely dumb because I haven't been able to hear my itunes for a week for the simple reason the volume on the upper left wasn't pushed to the right. I feel like its 1986 and I can't see through my 45 pound camcorder because the lens cover is still on.

Anyway, thanks. Should have done a quick search instead of insisting on figuring it out myself