xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Computer Problems I need help please =(

please i need help, i cant reboot my ststem i think the hard drive is damge or something, i think alot of .dll files are missing, also alot of registry files, this is a big mess please i dont know what to do some programs of mine dont work.

Wow, looks like you have a major problem on your hands. Just what did you do for this to happen? Not sure if a system restore would help, but you may want to try that. Or if you have a rescue disk, maybe? Or just plain old reformatting, if need be.

well, maybe some virusus, i found one deleted it but think too late, also i think i had alot of keyloggers. =( some programs dont work because its missing .dll files i think i can download missing .dll files at dll-files.com but i dont know which are missing i donwloaded one that i did know to rune a program but it dint work. or if my brothers friend can fix it he knows alot, or i gonna have to take it back to where i bought it for majora help not even the help and support feature works =(

If it is as bad as it sounds, your best suggestion is to just re-format your hdd. In my opinion it would take way to long and be not worth it to try getting all of the dll's off the internet.If you need any help re-formating, just ask... But it sounds like you will just take it in and have someone do it. If you got another computer at your house, it would be easy to save your files to that computer so that you don't lose anything when you re-format your hdd. Another thing is if you do have another computer at your house and it is on a network, then you might want to check that computer for the same viruses to make sure that one didn't get affected by yours.just a bit of info to help :huh:xJedix

OK, just take a few simple steps and answer these questions and we will all be slightly wiser and more able to help.First, when you push the power button does your PC actually power up, e.g. the fans come on, the light on the front etc?If it does power up, do you hear any beeps? If so, how many?If it doesn't power up, check a fuse hasn't blown and simple things like that. You could have also killed the PSU.The last time you used the PC before it failed to work, did you do anything different, install anything or anything like that?Answering Frederick's questions will also be a great help to us all.

a) put hard drive in old system, save vital files:huh: nuke the drve (wipe everything off)c) re-install everything:P transfer saved filesThis is what i do everytime i have a problem like this, it always works for me, oh, plus i do regular backups of my vital files, vital meaning anything i use often including college work, and other things hat i cant talk about here.

well if u cant reboot theres always the simple way lol...pull the plug or push and hold the power button till it does...but the funnything is if u know how to run your computer properly (eg. stop mem leaks and stuff) you should never have to reboot... i havnt rebooted or turned off this computer for 3 weeks now... running itunes 24/7 (turn off the speakers lol)... normaly running trillian and maybe a browser or 2 all depends... so yeahnormal when my computers ge that bad i reformat so up to you if u want to reformat or try and save it...

It sounds like you have a big problem. You should try scanning it with Mcaffee virus protection, and if possible, try installing another hard drive in the meantime to see if that is the only problem you have with your computer.As well, I suggest setting up your computer so that only the bare necessities are included, and troubleshoot your computer to see what else may be wrong with it. Eventually, everything brakes down as we all know, and your computer is only as good as your weakest component.Good luck buddy, sorry I can't be of much help to you. :huh:

well if u cant reboot theres always the simple way lol...

pull the plug or push and hold the power button till it does...

but the funnything is if u know how to run your computer properly (eg. stop mem leaks and stuff) you should never have to reboot... i havnt rebooted or turned off this computer for 3 weeks now... running itunes 24/7 (turn off the speakers lol)... normaly running trillian and maybe a browser or 2 all depends... so yeah

normal when my computers ge that bad i reformat so up to you if u want to reformat or try and save it...

192253[/snapback]

Im not talking about restarting the computer =\??? im talking about rebooting it when you press F11 when you start the computer. How do i sweep everthing away!?!?

Im not talking about restarting the computer =\??? im talking about rebooting it when you press F11 when you start the computer. How do i sweep everthing away!?!?

196258[/snapback]

(IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT WINDOWS)

If your talking about reformating..

Reformating=Cleaning Every File off your Drive

1. First put in your window's installation disk, or w/e u have.

2. Next, click reformat, or clean.

3. Next, click on whatever hard drive your using.

4. Wait till its done reformatting.

5. Then click "INSTALL"

-----*NOTE*-----

There is a possibility to save your stuff.

1. Put in your installation disk

2. Click reinstall

3. If your lucky, it might just add in the missing dll's and repair the registry, if thats what u think you wanna do, then try it out, but u should try this first b4 you reformat, this is kinda a last resort :) i hope this helped.

if windows, get linux. or just reformat. also, when you first got windows you should have made backup/rescue disks, jsut put those in and load. But an actual complete clean of your harddrive, will fix any problem if you still have the windows install disks.

What are you talking about? F11 is in many browsers (you are using one to read this) for full screen. There is no option (during or after the boot) that you can do somthing like that with F11 (at least not in WINDOWS)?
F8 if pressed during booting process brings up startup options where you can choose which operating system to start and in which mode. Other useful keys are Del (or sometimes, depending on mb F1) for BIOS.

If you think you have viruses, then reinstaling windows (if it is windows) wont help you a lot, since you'll still have them. Reformaiting your hard drive is the best solution (asuming that you dont have any important data on that disk). If you plan on formating and want to save data (on cds or whereever) remember to rescan those after reinstall.
JMO

If he's talking about removing the virus's, u need a anti-virus disk. But from what I hear, you cant "Sweep" the virus's off now if they have done that much dmg, The best bet is u have rescue disk or just reformat. IF i were you, i'd save the hassle, and just reformat, cause from what i hear. your in deep trouble.

If you reformat, everything will be gone including the virus's! Follow my instructions above..

If you want to rescue, insert the disk and click copy, but you will still have the virus's..

If you want to bring it into the shop, maybe they can save the data + repair it, but be careful what u put in there, if they break anything there not responsible :)