xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nileshpatel

Empire Earth Series Good Enough compare to Age Series

HelloI have play Empire Earth . Its ultimate enjoyeble game. I have played Age series (Empiere and Mythology) But Empire is good enough compare to that .You can find all generation on Empire Earth.Stone age to Nano Age(Robert Age). :P:D:D:(:huh:

Empire Earth is definitely inferior to the Age series in my opinion. The first one for sure. I think it tries too hard to encompass too large a time period - which means way too many units and techs and compications which generally are unnecessary. At least with the Age games they concentrate on a particular time period.The online presence of the games simply enforces this. Age of Mythology and Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, each have a larger presence online than Empire Earth. I wouldn't say EE is a bad game, rather it's not the best, but definitely worth a try if a fan of RTS (even though I would recommend Rise of Nations over it).

Empire Earth is a nice game, but indeed there to much ages. After a time, you just can't follow anymore (that doesn't count for anyone I think) One way or another i just liked Age of Mythology just more. EE2 is out now. I've played it (the demo) but it's just to complicated. Age of Empires three (also out now) is much better i think, i've also only played the demo...but's it's better in my opinion.

In my opinion, Empire Earth (I have only played the first one) is one of the greatest real time strategy games ever created, at least at the time of its release. Not that it's so great to play (it is immense fun, but as noted, the micro-management and other such details tend to get in the way), but the fact that it is so large - it spans from thousands of years BC to present to thousands of years into what we would now consider the future, all in a real-time environment with multiple civilizations as well as different units and buildings for each epoch. Personally, I find that quite incredible.

I was a huge fan of the original Age of Empires, as well as Age of Empires II and it's expansions. However, I didn't particularly like Age of Mythology. Whilst it was still a reasonably good game, the mythological element didn't appeal to me - one of the things that kept me interested in the original games was that they were played out with realistic units in realistic environments.

Speaking of Age of Empires, I believe the newest edition is to be released some time this month. I'm sure this has strategy fans drueling the planet over. I haven't downloaded the demo or watched any of the videos yet, but I'm sure Ensemble Studios won't let us down - it should be spectacular, as all others before it have been. Anyway, this is getting off-topic... back to Empire Earth.

I think that it's one of those games that appeals to a certain audience, and requires a bit of time and dedication. I, for one, have happily spent hours on end lost in it's world, battling a host of other nations through the ages for global supremecy - however, when I first played the game, I didn't like it, and it took me a few goes to really get into it. So whilst it may not be the game that everyone will like to play, I do not think that it can be dismissed as simply being another run of the mill real time strategy game, and I think that it very easily compares to Age of Empires (you have to apperciate that they are both different slightly styles of the same genre, in my humble opinion).

Ok, first off, I'm a huge fan of both Empire Earth and Age of Empires. And I like Empire Earth way more, but when i play a game of EE, i ALWAYS stop the Epoch at the Imperial Age, because in my opinion, it just gets to a point of BS after that. EE2 was horrible, i cant stand that game at all so i've kept to playing EE as much as I can.With Age of Empires, there is too little content, certain civilizations end up using all the same units, with little room for actual strategie, which RTS stands for Real Time Strategie.......if you browse the battle.net lounge, one common rule you see is something like "no seige" or Cho Wars...this doesnt make it a bad game.Another thing, Deathmatch in Age is horrible, no gameplay skill involved at all, ITS ALL ABOUT YOUR MICRO, pfttt, like I want to waste my time practicing to use my keyboard faster, I'de rather play EE where you actually have to think of ideas to counter an enemies.....My choice is Empire Earth! BUT NOT EE2!!

Mmh, I overall liked the Age of Empire series much more as Empire Earth, however I think Emire Earth was better then Age of Mytholigy (I like the mroe realistic, or science fiction RTS games). Also I think Empire Earth is faaaaar too big, with far too many player slots and far too many ages. I like to build an economy first and then attack, but if you do that you might get overrunned by enemy's bombing your base while you're still at an age where you cant even built anti aircraft guns

Age of Empire is the first RTS game that I have ever played in my life. That's why I thought this game is so much special. Even Empire Earth evolves longer span of time (from prehistoric to robotic), but the story that Age of Empire gave me drives me to like Age of Empire more. I played Age of Empire I long time ago, and that's the first time I experience new gaming way. So much at that time, I only played RPG genre, that's why it's so different. Even until now I like RPG more, but seldomly I played RTS in my computer, and Age of Empire II is still the best (because I haven't bought AoE III note that I can't afford it...)