xisto Community
mayank

New Features In Gmail! gmail launched new features

Gmail has launched new features in step of becoming a stable email service instead of a beta service.Here's the list of the new features.Auto-SaveThis feature will automatically save your composed emails in case of any mishappening...like crashing of browser or timing out of connection.ExportIt will allow people to export the address book...there are two options at this time..one is to export is as gmail csv...bascially to import the address book to a diff. gmail account and another is exporting as Outlook csv so that you can import the contacts in diff. email services or programs like eudora, outlook and all others.I'm sure that with the introuction of these features it will attract other people as well.

Those new features are very handy, esspecially Export feature. I don't use GMail but this is one more reason to open account... :huh:

Those new features are very handy, esspecially Export feature. I don't use GMail but this is one more reason to open account...  :huh:

191825[/snapback]

hey there is one more addition to Gmail. The thing is that Gmail do not show this feature all the time. They keep on finding new ways to puzzle the people. Well the new feature is that we can now even read gmail on our mobile. Yes, you can logon the mobile using the conventional login feature and start receiving mails.

This is really cool. They are giving strong competition to yahoo. Go Google!!

Wow, is it just me or is Google slowly creeping up on Microsoft? I also heard that giving all of San Francisco Wifi is in the works for them as well. They started with a powerful search engine, then email, then wifi, then GoogleEarth(map program), eventually, internet domination.

I also think these features are handy, but i don't use gmail. Is it still in a beta phase? Didn't know that. The save function is a very good idea and also the export function, cus much people do have more then one e-mail account, like one private and one for work.

Wow, is it just me or is Google slowly creeping up on Microsoft? I also heard that giving all of San Francisco Wifi is in the works for them as well. They started with a powerful search engine, then email, then wifi, then GoogleEarth(map program), eventually, internet domination.

191833[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Google is about the best thing to happen to the internet since broadband connections. Not only do they have google earth the map program but they have Maps.google.com where you can look up the arial view of any address online. They also have videos.google.com which is in beta right now also. That is useful if you are looking for clips that you probably missed on the 10pm news. Also google images kicks a** also. Maybe its only a matter of time before google launches its own updated version of the internet (j/k) lol. That would be cool though wouldn't it?

Yes, google mail keeps improving each time. In fact, google has branded its name nicely and it keeps moving up the ladder of success in every fields google is taking up. Apart from the new feature you've mentioned here I really like the web clips which is quite new as well. I have this feature in the newest gmail ID but not in the previous one. I don't know what is the reason for this.

Web clips is like newsfeed from any other website which are in the form of RSS. Have anyone seen this feature as well?

I cannot wait until google starts to integrate google earth and other services they offer such as photo programs directly into Gmail really creatively. They have done some really interesting things recently, especially with Gmail. I still think the ads are a little creepy within the mail, but I can deal with that given the 2.6 gbs of space!

I totally agree with you. Google is about the best thing to happen to the internet since broadband connections. Not only do they have google earth the map program but they have Maps.google.com where you can look up the arial view of any address online. They also have videos.google.com which is in beta right now also. That is useful if you are looking for clips that you probably missed on the 10pm news. Also google images kicks a** also. Maybe its only a matter of time before google launches its own updated version of the internet (j/k) lol. That would be cool though wouldn't it?

191851[/snapback]

The only problem with all these Google inventions is that they're all in Beta. Maybe they should review their inventions in their own labs for much longer periods before releasing it online as a Beta service.

Also, with the Google Earth, they didn't really develop it. They bought a company called Keyhole and then based Google Earth on Keyhole. If you go to https://www.google.com/earth/ right now, you can get better versions of Google Earth (but all these have to be paid for). Google Earth also has paid-versions.

Oh, did you know that major networks like the American news network CNN and many United States military branches are using developments of Keyhole? They also have this cool customized tracking feature for enterprises who need to keep track of their cars, employees, aircraft, etc. In my opinion, the major delivery companies (e.g.: FedEx, Purolator, UPS) should implement the enterprise versions of Keyhole.

You guys should check out this article on CNN "Where will Google go Next?"

It talks about how Google is slowly taking over the World!! WOOO! Go Google!

The thing with Gmail that is sooo hot is the fact that people now have over 2.5 gig of free space. I have been tryin diligently and i still cant fill that much space up.

The Gmail interface is also really nice cuz its simple and clean and loads fast. It also makes heavy use of scripts to autofill email addresses and all that sort of business.

Gmail is the future. Unfortunatley you need to get invited to use it so alot of people havnet been able to feel the power =P

yeah.. I agree that Gmail is the best thing to happen to the internet after internet itself...Lots of new features are being added and almost infinte space..Google has started to integrate its services slowly. like Google talk, personalized google page with customized RSS feeds, dictionary, news, weather, saved searches, gmail messages all on a page.Moreover, it is using the Orkut user base to increase the Google Accounts. i.e, no user can login using orkut ids, those are to be migrated to google accounts. All the accounts that were there earlier are now being created to Google Account on login. Forgot to mention, not so much discussed features are google groups, it has a decent user base and the number of usenet archives available.Way to go, Google..Cheers.

The new feature Auto-save is very helpful to me! I always have problems regarding my dial-up internet connection, and I usually disconnect for some connection failures. Although I am still waiting for that moment when I could test and experience the auto-save function of my Gmail, I am very sure I could save plenty of time encoding the corrupted mail once again. And I do not have to think what was I encoding before the messages were deleted.

Hi I ts help ful for me because i have face many time this type of problem when i have compose all mail and connection refused that time i was copy /paste mail and when line clear i was send from my notepad .Thanks to Gooooogleeeee

lol yeah google is growing...google started out as a project for some college students to make a place for a serach engine not even expectiong to get this far!!! well today they are a very profitable company...My dad almost got a job there!while he was being interviewed he asked how they make there money...well you know those ads along the side of the page?yeah those roll in the big ones... lol.... even tho its like maybe less than 5 cents a ad click its the most widely used engine out there Evey clikc of one of those ads is hell of cheep but after say 1000 thats alot of money...1000 Clicks x $0.05 = $50 so yeah as you can se its hell of easy for them to make money... so moral here click those a *BLEEP* load lol chage the companies alot!!!!!!but yeah theres a little history on google!!!