xisto Community
kakingho

Making A Refresh Link On Your Website. refresh local webpage

:huh:
post it on ur website

<a href="javascript:this.location.reload();" style="color: #000000; font-weight: normal">refresh</a>

It can refresh local webpage.
U can add it at ur forum so that each topic u are reading can be refresh easily.

If ur website return to homepage after pressing I.E. refresh button, then
u must need this coding. :(
Beacus visitors only want to refresh local webpage but not go back to homepage. :P

* same coding...can refresh different webpage

A topic about this had been opened before, i guess you could just have pasted this issue there.

191519[/snapback]

I don't know this had been opened before.

I must say I didn't copy the other topic.

An easier way (which doesn't require the user have JavaScript support): Press F5. Nearly all browsers designate the F5 key as the Refresh command.

191521[/snapback]

some website can not refresh by this way.

because will return to homepage.

An easier way (which doesn't require the user have JavaScript support): Press F5. Nearly all browsers designate the F5 key as the Refresh command.

191521[/snapback]

not safari... Besides kakingho wanted a link

A topic about this had been opened before, i guess you could just have pasted this issue there.

191519[/snapback]

The other topic was about meta tag refeshing when the page loads... not link refreshing

:huh:

post it on ur website

<a href="javascript:this.location.reload();" style="color: #000000; font-weight: normal">refresh</a>

U can add it at ur forum so that each topic u are reading can be refresh easily.

If ur website return to homepage after pressing I.E. refresh button, then

u must need this coding.  :(

Beacus visitors only want to refresh local webpage but not go back to homepage. :P

* same coding...can refresh different webpage

191515[/snapback]

why not just link to the current page?

example:

page is: http://myDomain.com/page.html

coad is: <a href="http://myDomain.com/page.html;

Its kind of a slopy way of doing it but it would work..

:lol: post it on ur website

do you know of a good refresh script that will refresh after a certain amount of seconds or minutes?

or

is there a way to perform a script directly through a browser to refresh a determined amount of seconds or minutes

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to repair end of quote tag mising

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Dont know if from a script but certanly through a meta tag. Yes im sorry that was the other topic about, meta tags in refreshing.And guess the javascript will do easier than pasting the actual link for the same page, becouse its a code that you can just copy and paste every where without having to worry what page is it.I think its easier but it also depends on javscript. But hey, how many actual users have javascript blocked? most users dont know even how (hehe i have not ever blocked it, so i actually dont know how to, i mean without firefox extensions)...

calkid,
If you haven't seen this topic yet, then here it is. A discussion about refreshing a page automatically by using timers. It appears it can be done via the body tag or meta tag. Check it out.

I would just stick to meta tag refresh option. It's the one that all browsers recognise but would like to mention just one thing. I hate them, and i don't believe that people stick around on a site if it keeps refreshes, or reloads, especially if it's really heavy. I'm sure most things can be acomplished in a much better way.round

Thats a nice little tool for a page that is always changing like a forum and what not. I don't really see a need to use it though considering most web browsers have a refresh button on it but I guess if you can use that to refresh a page after hitting a submit button or something that would be helpful. I'm sure there are more uses I can't think of. Nice tip.

Hi all , I'm a binger programmer in asp.net, I want to make .jpg pictures change every 3 seconds, I have used AdRotator control and XML code. But I have to add some code to the page to make auto- refresh for the web page so the pictures will rotate. Can you help me please with this.

or is there any way to write a code which it makes the pictures moves by it self every 3 seconds?
thank you
the XML code was this , but even when i make refresh it may change and some time it will need me to make several refresh to be changed

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Advertisements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/AdRotator-Schedule-File"><Ad><AlternateText>Picture1</AlternateText><ImageUrl>C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\zahran\bin\every thing\bedroom\222.jpg</ImageUrl><Impressions>10</Impressions><Keyword>Room1</Keyword><NavigateUrl></NavigateUrl> </Ad><Ad><AlternateText>Picture2</AlternateText><ImageUrl>C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\zahran\bin\every thing\bedroom\333.jpg</ImageUrl><Impressions>20</Impressions><Keyword>Room2</Keyword><NavigateUrl></NavigateUrl> </Ad><Ad><AlternateText>Picture3</AlternateText><ImageUrl>C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\zahran\bin\every thing\bedroom\444.jpg</ImageUrl><Impressions>30</Impressions><Keyword>Room3</Keyword><NavigateUrl></NavigateUrl> </Ad></Advertisements>
Notice from jlhaslip:
added code tags