xisto Community
Evil Homer

Making Money And Having Fun gaming serv

Well one good thing to do is buy a game server and then tell people to pay like $3.50 per user to play cs on your server or something because once i searched on google and went to this site and that had 29 thousand something members. so thats 29,000 x $3.50 = alot alot of money. and maybe even more. plus its alot of fun running a game server.

What's also good, is to buy the server, but don't charge people to use it. That way more people will come. Then, put Pay-Per-Impression ads on it. That way, each time someone comes to play on the server, they see the ads (hopefully good, so they'll be clicked[so your not cheating the advertiser]), and you earn money. If you can afford a server with just ads that is.

on top of that you need a fast server and by hte looks of it they are running several of them to have that many people playing that game. but now the ppc won't work due to the massive amount of bandwidth that is being used to play a game like cs online cuz then you will be broke so paying it at a low cost like 3.50 is a pretty good offer.

Agree It is a good offer. And I dont tink peapole shuld pay to play on a cs server. Thats why I agree that the adds on the Information page and maybe on some maps If you are making own. I dont mean klick able adds only I mean adds to see.CS is one of the best games, Thats what I think anyway... :huh:

I think that is great running any kind of server, but running a game server is something extra, especially when you can evean earn some money from people addicted on games. Great fun, as long as it is legal... :huh:

Although it is a great method to earn money,

useing your own server to host CS is piratic behavior. :)

191575[/snapback]

Actually it is quite legal to run a counter strike server as long as you buy a copy of counter strike. When you buy counter strike, just pop in the cd after install and tell it to host a server (make sure you have a fast connection like a T1 if you plan on charging people). I am not going to explain all the details of running your own cs server today, I just wanted to say that it is not illegal or piratic! They would not have allowed it on the disk in the first place. Besides each player plus the server needs there own copy and original cd key to play so that means everyone has baught it. Now for those of you who hacked cd keys, that is piratic.

Oh yeah and counter strike IS the best game! It has the most players ever for any video game in history (might wanna check this fact before you tell everyone, I just really like counter strike and my opinion is extremely biased).

Game server is really a good chance to make money... But I think that CS is not that server to pay for it.I'm making a Lineage2 Chronicles4 Server(It's the main reason why I want to get Free Web Hosting). On that server each can make a lot money... But scripting process is too hard.Also I think that "buying a server" is too easy and it cost money offcourse. I and my friends we are making the server all by ourselves and we don't pay money for it :) Every game server you can find on the web. So who needs to buy a server if you can make it yourself?(Sorry for my English ;) )

Although it is a great method to earn money,

useing your own server to host CS is piratic behavior. :)

191575[/snapback]

that reminds me of another thing, a couple of people that were hosting, WoW and Lineage 2 private servers/emulated servers got caught using official material, they got sued. So maybe thats not such a good idea unless its official. ;), just a warning. I havent played CS but I think maybe its the same as other online games.

Sorry but you are both wrong about CS. It is very official! those people with world of warcraft are ripping off the makers (blizzard) who has thier own servers that they charge for. CS, does not charge for thiers (they are set up to stop cheaters and help noobies play without having much game server knowledge). It is legal to have a cs server as long as you follow the software agreement included with your copy of counter strike (doesn't anyone read these anymore, you would think with all these BS cases of piracy on the news and all the real ones (the best ones also) get to keep on pirating (out of China). Really you guys should check this out before you decide that it is illegal or immoral, because the ability to host your own server (match) in cs (on both PC and XBOX) is what makes it one of the best FPS games ever!