xisto Community
ZPGames

What Is ... Emulator

there are special converters you can buy. especially in the street markets of HK you can get bameboy and n64 ones that go into your usb and you put your game into it like a gameboy and it loads up like a usb drive to your computer. from there you can compress them to be "roms"

well on the topic of burning games no it is illegal in most countries of the known world but people burn them but they do it anyways. i seen enough burned copies of ps2 and xbox games to last me a life time and most of the time they are bad copies as well, so play it say only buy games that peak your intrest.

I seriously have no idea how to convert a regular game into a ROM. But if you have the original game, wouldn't it be easier to just play it on the actual system? Thats unless you don't own the system or you can't play the system anymore.I personally find playing a GameBoy Advanced game on a GameBoy Advance (SP) much easier and funner. (Is funner even a word???)Then again, theres are the games that you can play on the television like PS and PS2 games.Those are the ones that you might actually want to convert into an ISO. (Yes, those are called ISOs.)If you really want to convert your own games into a ROM/ISO, I suggest using Google and just try to dig up some stuff. There might be some things you can download, or information on where to buy it.

I have heard this word all over the web and I am curios to what it is. I am I just technologicaly illiterate or something like that. An answer would be much appreciated. Thanx

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Questions are not allowed in What Is...? forum. Please review the forum description. Moving to Computers > Software section.

191057[/snapback]

well i have a lot of experience with emulator. myself i had playstation one emulators, i had nintendo 64 emulators, super nintendo emulators, i had gameboy advanced emulators. and they were all good. well but what is a emulator? it;s an program that let you play console or handheld games on the pc. you don't need to buy the games. but you can download so called roms. these roms are compatible with the chosen emulator. for example if you have a nintendo 64 emulator than you need .smc roms so that you can play them on the emulator. not all games are compatible but most titles are. well that's the basic of an emulator. basicly you can play console or handheld games without buying them in the store. and most of the emulators you find on the internet are free so there is no cost. well if you want to know more just reply to this message! ok?

greet michaelds

cee ya... :huh:

Yeah there is a website called Rom World dot com, and they have lots of legal games, they dont put any illegal ones, coz you have to buy them like Mario and such ROMS. I use Snes emulator which is super nintendo and there are some good roms like street fighter alpha 2 and things ^_^