xisto Community
BordaForx

Secrets To Getting To The Top Of Google Search Engine Optimization Tips for Google

NovaTerra, next time try expanding on your topic, we want your imput as well, and if you have none, then pose the question, something, just elaborate...I'm currently working on my google ranking on a search and I'm doing OK. I don't know all of the methods, or even the best ones, but I've been primarily focusing on repeating words related to the topic of interest. For instance, my website is centered around the Johnstown Chiefs, a minor league hockey team. Basically, I have used the words "Johnstown Chiefs" many times, and this method has helped me tremendously. In a search for "Johnstown Chiefs Forum" my link is displayed first...now there may not be too many dedicated Chiefs forums out there, but out of 29,000 page results, and mine to be first, I'm happy :huh:. Right now I'm trying to improve my search display for when someone searches for simply "Johnstown Chiefs"...currently I'm displayed 29th out of 93,600 page results...not too bad, considering my site is a month old, but something to work on.I've heard that using meta tags works wonders, and using a site map is also effective.

meta tags work o.K... my site only comes up if my website name is typed (vintagefairy) and the first 9 topics are related to my site.. which is OK. but is vintage fairy(with a gab) is typed i'm only sixth. my full name typed goes to my website as well (first one):huh: You can also check the link popularity in googly by doing link:your site url ... e.g link:vintagefairy.com I don't get much as my website isn't that popular..haha.If you want to get to the top .. just create loads of GOOD content that people would search for.. Not a good tip but that's what I use to do and it kind of worked.

Simple trick to getting your website shown on google searches would be meta tags and adding in keywords. I don't know if google is based more on popularity or keywords in your website but i think both are equally important. And the trick to getting popular in google search terms might be actually naming your webpages relevantly.

There are no 'secrets' to getting good rankings in Google (or any other major search engine). Obviously, you can't just place a collection of keywords you would like to target in the meta tags and then have Google give you a number 1 ranking for those pages. People have tried nearly all the tricks in nearly all the books, and Google gets wise to 'blackhat' SEOers. The ultimate punishment is being dropped all together from Google's index - and it doesn't take a great deal for them to do so, especially if you aren't already well established. The only way to get decent rankings in any search engine that is worth having decent rankings in is by providing quality, optimized content, and being patient. If your site contains good content, then search engines will pick up on this, and your rankings will start to rise.Having links pointing to your site is good for rankings, but not critical - regardless of what a lot of people seem to think (I am speaking from first-hand experience here). Search engines weigh links based on how important they consider the page that contains the link to your site - so a poorly ranked site that the engine sees as having low-quality content and not being of much use will not do anything to help your rankings (it has been said that they can even have a detremental effect), but a link from a highly ranked site that the engine considers to be of high importance will help to increase your rankings. They way they figure, if a good site is pointing to your site, then your site musn't be so bad either (although a single link from a decent site won't automatically grant you number 1 rankings).Just to dispell some myths concerning SEO, some time ago, I set up a small web site on a domain name I wasn't using that related to Internet-based marketing and advertising. I ended up stopping work on the site, but didn't take it offline. There was not a single link pointing to it, and pretty much no one knew of its existance - the domain name didn't contain any special keywords, and I'd nevere really mentioned it to anyone. After about four months, I was checking the logs for that server (which hosts several other web sites) and noticed that I had been receiving quite a lot of hits for some pretty decent, competetive keywords - and sure enough, when I checked them in Google, Yahoo! and MSN, I had top-ten pages for all of the keywords and phrases. I was quite suprised by this, as I hadn't really put any time into the site and hadn't optimized the content a great deal. But it goes to show that well-written pages with keyword-rich (but not too many keywords) will get you good rankings, despite all other factors a lot of 'SEO freaks' tend to talk about.

HelloGoogle rank is not effect on thing but it is depend on many thing.Like Site Meta tag,How many our links on other site,daily user visit, bandwidth ,Hot topic etc...Also you can use sitemap.xml for google registration. :huh::P:(:D

Yes, I quite agree. SEO's are often ineffective. Of course, on the Internet, almost no free method is effective. If you really want to get a high ranking, pay Google to put your ad in their infamous "Google AdWords". Also, people tend to get higher rankings when they maintain a good relationship with their clients.As the expert said, "Word of mouth is the best advertising method ever."

The most important part is to place your keyword/keyphrase at the title tag and description tag.Authentic/original page contents with important keywords in your text. You must have proper keyword density inorder to attain higher search engine positions.Submit your website to google.Get links from other sites that may give you plus points on pagerank and traffic. But be sure to have a related site to link. You can use google bomb as your text link from other sites.So i guess this are the most important things to make your site visible in google.Wait for a few weeks or 2 months. You'll see your site in google.

If you really want to get a high ranking, pay Google to put your ad in their infamous "Google AdWords".

Paying for your advertisement to be displayed in Google does not affect your rankings at all. They cannot afford to let things like this alter page posisitioning or the PageRank value - it would severely undermine the value of the company. I believe they state somewhere in their policies that using AdSense - whether as a publisher or an advertiser - will have absolutely no direct influence on your rankings at all (although to be accepted as a publisher, you need to have semi-decent content and not violate any of Google's terms of service, and these are factors which can lead to getting well ranked)

The most important part is to place your keyword/keyphrase at the title tag and description tag.

There is single 'most important' factor when it comes to getting better rankings. You can put all the keywords you like in your title and meta description tag, but it doesn't mean you are going to get good rankings for them. A lot of different things are considered when weighing up the 'value' of your web site, and it isn't necessarily the same for every search engine (the Inktomi Slurp/Yahoo! spider, for example, may 'love' a certain site and give it excellent rankings where Google has removed it from their index - it's happened to me before).

What I would do would be to submit my entire site to Google Sites. Then I would add every single keyword that is remotely related to my webpage. Then I would add my site to the online directories. And if I could spare some cash/want advertisement, I would submit my site to Google AdSense. Google AdSense is a good way to advertise since many, many sites use Google AdSense for their ads.

The tricks/tips are :(Even though, the google algorithm is based on 500 variables) - Sign up on topsites related to your website theme (Insert the keywords: " your theme name topsites" ex: free templates topsites") - Link exchange (sign up with website that have a script of link exchange and also you should exchange your website link with websites of different subjects, not necessarily of the same subject, the important is that your website is kinked from many website to rank your website up. Also don't forget to use text links cause google don't like image links, even for menus and buttons. You should use a normal link and/or xml support.) - The most important thing in google is to have many websites with an active link to your website in order to increase your website rank, but remember this, you should exchange links with websites that are already indexed by google. - Use good keywords and description (metatags) on your websites, don't use to many keywords, and use the same metatag_keywords on the first sentence of your website to help s.e.'s index your site. - Don't insert your javascripts source codes in your html files, build a *.js file and insert the javascript code in it and on the html file put the code to comunicate with the javascript, and this is because search engines hate javascripts. - Don't use frames on your website cause search engines also hate frames, even though some of the best search engines say that support frames, you shouldn't use them. - And many more tricks and tips but this should be a tutorial, not a reply!So, i have 2 fantastic ebooks about search engine optimizing, so, if you all want them, just private email me.

- Don't use frames on your website cause search engines also hate frames, even though some of the best search engines say that support frames, you shouldn't use them.

Do Layers count as Frames because if you cant use them your website would look like a Giant Mess.
Edited by Yin-Yang (see edit history)

How do these old topics keep re-surfacing?Anyway, a frame is a frame. I'm assuming by 'layer' you mean 'table' - as it is contained with the page itself, it doesn't count as a frame.Also, the more 'intelligent' search engines such as Google are able to index framed pages fine. I still wouldn't recommend it (not just for SEO purposes, but because I consider it a bad practice), but it isn't the end of the world if you have frames on your pages.

i am sure you all might have an idea about how much and how many websites are dedicated to this subject ,also sites offering you top listing for certain pay , but basically i dont believe we have to pay anybody to hike our sites in major search engines like google ,yahoo and msn ,if we are aware of how search engines work then we ourselves can do it so no big deal , i have the feeling that most people think if you use lots of keywords and meta tags you can get a good ranking ,but it's not so ,just think about those people who spam ,they will put keywords which even have no relevance whatsoever with the sites contents ,so major search engines whether handled by humans like yahoo or indexed by robots like google will look through the sites content to see if they have any relevence to the keywords ,some spammers have gone as far as putting long text in the bottom of the page in the same color as the background to counter this ,but now engines ignore text that has the same color as the background , so basically for what ever keywords you put you should dedicate enough content for it, the title of the page is also very important so the title should be as much descriptive of the site as it can be ,crawlers look for links ,so you should put links to other sites which can be classed into the same category as yours and of course the only thing which really skyrockets your listing is the number of hits you get so if your site is good enough for other people than you will have no problem in getting a good ranking in any search engine listing . :angry: