xisto Community
ZPGames

Amd Vs Pentium

I have always been an Intel person but it seems that the AMDs are becoming popular on the market. I have never personaly tried AMD and I was just wondering what the community at large thought on this issue.

generally, the trend has been that AMD is for gamers, Intel for multitasking and such. If you know anything about processors, it's obvious why. The differences between them are very marginal though, except for the price difference. AMD is cheaper for what you're getting. I always think that intel overprices everything. On the other hand, AMD's processor numbering system really doesn't make sense to me.

Well I am planning to upgrade my PC today after such a long time and I was planning to buy P4 3.0 Ghz but then one of my friend suggested me AMD Athlon 64 bit 3000+ and told me lots and lots of positives...he said there is a website(I dont remember the URL of that website) and it shows the performance of both the processors and AMD excels overthere.So after lot of thought I am not planning to buy AMD..which is not only cheaper but is better than Intel also.

I use AMD Athlon64 3200, but I don't have money to buy XP-64bit edition. It's cheap and I get what I pay for, Unlike with Intel where I get less than what I pay for, It's OVERPRICED. But I don't understand the numbering system. "Athlon64 3200" is 2Ghz but it processes at alot faster speed than that. MUCH faster than my old P4 2.4Ghz

I have done some extensive research on this topic and the conclusion I have came up with is that it is a matter of personal opinion. The benchmarks for the new emt's and the amd64's pretty much match up. I used to give the edge to Intel because they had hyper threading but now amd has the X2 chips so it really doesnt give them the edge anymore. I think its all a matter of what you plan on doing with the computer. Gamers tend to go with AMD's. If you ask me, the clocking system makes perfect sense. They rate chips according to performance not the actual clock speed. If a chip is only 2ghz clock speed but performs like a 3gz and is cheaper, why not buy it. I build a lot of pc's and i also notice that the Intel chips get extremely hot. I've got my 3200+ clawhammer down to 40 degrees c with an thermalright heatsink and 120mm fan. That is something I dont think you can ever do on an intel chip without water cooling.Just my take on it.

The AMP CPUs are getting better and better all the time. Not only in performance, but for stability, and reliability. They rarely have any problems, and it's an outstanding product. In most cases, I would even say far superior than that of Intel.For example, AMD spent a lot of time, research, and money making the dual-core AMD processors. Intel made it a rush job, and did it very quickly by slapping two processors together into one. AMD criticised Intel for doing this. I would never use Intel. I've owned an AMD Athlon XP 2400+, and it was flawless. I loved it for gaming, stability, and performance. It was a superb chip. I find that Intel chips are slow at accessing programs most of the time. AMD with it's Hyper Threading makes the application of programs open almost instantly. It's very nice. :huh:

AMD as compared to Intel generally gets hotter faster. For that, it gives slightly faster processing speeds ideal for games. That's where AMD needs more cooler and fans than Intel.As for Intel, its the opposite. It has a reputation there for its stability, and therefore comes in high prices. Because of this, more companies that wanted to be called as professionals take Intel for its reputation. Afraid to be called as cheap companies, they wouldn't get AMD because its cheaper than Intel by fact.AMD however will be a market favorite very soon for its low prices and high performance. Generally AMD is used by individuals than organisations.Gaming organistions are exception, of course you always see them having AMD computers...

well i just bought a new AMD... its a AMD 64 3.2kinda cool thing tho...but it just takes a really long time to deliver :huh:

That it untrue, the latest AMD Athlon x2 CPUs run much cooler than their intel counterparts, and they are more expensive while being much faster too :huh:

192429[/snapback]

I was just giong to bring that up. excellent points. Like I said before my AMD chip is always below 39 degrees c. Its always cool. I build pc's and every Intel chip I use after applying thermal grease and heatsink starts out at about 52 degrees c and go down while the AMD equivalants start out at about 43 and go down. The X2 chips are also very expensive. I want to trade in my chip and mobo set so I can get this but I'll still be short about $200. :P

In my experience, if you want compatibility, go with Intel. If you want gaming, go with AMD. As said, AMD's processors are excellent for gaming. Intel's are good for running everyday work tasks like Word and the whole shebang....

I have always used AMD processors because they are not as overpriced as Intel processors.AMD do tend to run a lot hotter than Intel , but this is not a problem as long as you have a good processor heasink/fan.

I have always been an Intel person but it seems that the AMDs are becoming popular on the market. I have never personaly tried AMD and I was just wondering what the community at large thought on this issue.

191051[/snapback]

i use and prossesors in my personal computer because amd prosessores or better for gameing

and i use intel prossesors for my servers because intel prosessors are good of servers dont know why they just are

In my experience, if you want compatibility, go with Intel. If you want gaming, go with AMD. As said, AMD's processors are excellent for gaming. Intel's are good for running everyday work tasks like Word and the whole shebang....

192721[/snapback]

You have completele right! AMD is the most fastest gamingprocessors ever!

I have tried both and different versions, AMD whas better on all tests i have done!