xisto Community
Alex_W

Ftp File Size Limit

There is none. You can upload a file any size as long as its under your disk quota (20 MB on package 1 and 150 MB on package 2). So basically, you cannot upload anything bigger than 20 MB for package 1 or 150 MB for package 2.Hope that answered your question.

FTP file size limitFtp File Size Limit

There are limits depending on the client you are using, AND mostly the filesystem used on the storage behind the FTP server. 

Most FTP clients will choke at 1GB+, the better ones will choke at 4GB+.  I have not yet confirmed one that successfully sends above 4GBytes ... I got to try it ... If anyone has, please share your results.

For filesystem limitations, on Windows machines, limitation on the system depends on the FileSystem used:

- FAT16 = 2GB limit;

- FAT32 = 4GB minus 2 bytes max limit.

- NTFS = 2TB (that's terrabytes)

excesseve - "excess in everything ! Moderation is for monks !"

-reply by excesseve

Ubuntu FTP limitFtp File Size Limit

I have been running backup over Ubuntu, to a disk mounted via FTP. While ftp will only report a file size of 4GB, it successfully uploads files in excess of 150GB.

FTP Size LimitFtp File Size Limit

I setup IIS with FTP service on my laptop (XP Pro 32bit NTFS) and tried to download a 7.4GB .Vmdk file from the XP machine to an Ubuntu 9.04 (64bit XFS). The download failed with 'invalid filename' error,  no issues downloading other files in the KB and MB range, didn't try 2GB or 4GB files though, but using Samba I was able to copy a 36GB file from the laptop.

would be interesting to see if it works the otherway.

-reply by Eddie