xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Achieve

Music What Does It Mean To You?

Hey, Ok... so - I am sat here now at my computer and I got some nice music going, you know: - I got mostly Aerosmith, bit of Guns'n'Roses - you the get the sort of stuff. I was sat here listening to one of my favourite tracks (I don't wanna miss a thing) and I had the excited tingle run down my spine. Often when I listen to music that means alot to me I get this feeling. Now isn't that incredible, that a sound - that vibrations can shape our live's? Think about it, if you here a really inspirational peice of music then it can mean alot can't it right? So why is that? How does that work? It is beyond my comprehension how something like vibrations played to a rythm with 'words' can mean so much to us as human beings. And what's more, think about it, as human beings we all like music, even if your not a perticular music fan and don't really care, there will be some music you don't like and some music you do like, so what is it about the music that makes us as the most powerful organism on the face of the earth connect with it. Everytime I sit down on my computer I will always turn on music, and everytime (well - almost everytime) i was always take my MP3 Player with me. So that brings me on to my question... Music- what does it mean to you? How do feel when you hear some music you really like? How much effect does have music have on your life? Well, if I was answering the question then I'd have to say that Music means everything to me. I don't want to make it sound sad, but were would the world be without music? Even the abiriginees dance to the rythm of their drums, I think it's like a primitive urge to like music, but to be honest I have absoloutley no idea why... When I hear inspiritational music I feel really incredible. It is the most un-describle feeling on this planet, I really can't describe it but I can say that it is amazing. Well - music has a massive effect on my life, because --- well --- simply.... I LOVE IT!! Thanks for your time, Achieve.

You?re right. Music means a lot to me although I don?t share your tastes completely in this case (I like some Aerosmith songs and some GNR but that?s all) :huh: I think it helps me to live, no matter the situation... it sets me up when I?m down, awakes me when I?m half-slept, makes me dance when I want to... and I really associate periods and moments in my life to particlar songs or records. Sad music, happy music, dark, loud, soft, complex, simple... everyone has his moment when you like that style. Mine is definitely rock, most alternative from 60s-70s to now.I LOVE IT also :P

Hey, I think you are both absoloutley right... I mean, right now as I am typing I am listening to Tenacious D. I don't think there can ever be an explanation for music on how and why it has an effect on us, ok - so I appreciate scientist, doctors and civilians beliefs on why music effects us, but to be honest I don't think there is any logic to music and why we like it, all I know is that we all like different music, and that music is incredible. No matter what mood I am in music is always a relief and it always makes me feel fantastic. I could be really upset, stunned, angry, happy - whatever - music makes an amazing feeling in the pit of your stomach, and I love that feeling. Like you both said, certain music does most defenantly have an effect on me, it brings up memories, emoticions and dreams in me all the time. Thanks for your time, Sean Webber (alive).

Music to me, as a musician, is everything. I always have music with me, and I'm always listening to said music. I mostly listen to jazz and classical, but any well composed music can really get me going.There are certain songs that can just take me away. One such song is Jaco Pastorius' Continuum. It's a soft sounding, chorded bass solo with fast, fingered runs throughout it. I can just close my eyes and be in another place. I can actually 'see' the music as it is playing. Also, being as I'm a bassist, low, soft music really inspires me. If a song doesn't have a nice low end to it, it interests me very little. The low tones are so soothing, and I just relate to them more than I do the shrill highs that some instruments produce.

Music seems to always express what I can't. It connects me to other people and, oftentimes, leaves me with amazing memories. I love listening to a song and suddenly remembering some insanely good moment (or person!) that happened years before.

I don't think I could live now in the world where there's no music!It seems that there's always a song in my head...always.I enjoy listenning to music, playing music, and watching music (e.g. musicals)Music is magic in the world. ;)

Music for me is a great way to get caught up in God ;) Nothing like listening to Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew or Joy by Newsboys ;) It lets me stay focused on God and caught up in His joy more often so that it comes out more in my time around others :P

I also think you can't live without music. It would be a bland boring world. We'll be like a boring society that just focuses on education or something like that. I get the tingles when I listen to good songs I like. Mostly they're from piano music. It shiver me timbers when I hear piano music played. Its romantic and beautiful. lol. Music is my therapy. When I want to tune thigns out or blow some steam. Sometimes it helps you cope with things like lost of a girlfriend but that hasn't happened to me yet. They have different songs for almost every situation there is. I don't think there's one about poking your nose or something. lol.

Hey thanks for bringing this subject- im listening to music right now lolI dont what to say music is kinda like my life i canno tive without it sometimes when i hear a nice beat i sing to it like with all my feelings and emotiions. And sometimes when i hear something like 'Kelly Clarkson because of you' i cant stop crying because the words are so sad, the music reflects the song and her voice shows how she feels and emotionally i get attached to the song and i have already got a few songs that are similar to it. Music is basically my life my breathe it actually means alot to me esp. the balladsWhen i hear music that i really like it makes my day like when i actually heard kelly clarskon for the first time i nearly cried in class (where i heard it)ITs really the best type of medicine for me if im sick and when i am not happy i just lock myself i my room and listen to music even if it is the same song over and over again.

Music is a huge part of my life. I play guitar and I like playing drums and bass and I just enjoy learning more about it. Even if it's musical theory, it's enough of a drive to improve on playing instruments to just pay attention and grasp what I'm learning. I guess music is pretty important to me, especially because it helps make things that would otherwise be boring more fun. I respect most of the members of the bands I listen to, even if they're horrible people I know it's hard to come up with good music... No band that has the slightest bit of fame hasn't gone through thousands of hours of playing.

Music the bread of my soul.I'm not a musician but I listen tons of music from various artists 90% of which are from the rock and roll and early rock era. All time favorites are The Who, The Beatles and ASIN (a local group and pioneer or Indigenous Rock).

Music provides the best pick me up in life. There is nothing better than music. It can make you laugh cry or just implode into your own mind and conciousness. I find myself looking at everything in life and putting a peice of music to it. Even just sitting looking at the wall in the middle of nothing I think: hey this is erm... oh man come to think of it I can't remember the name of the song. Crap.Music is life.Music fills my soul and mind. It is what defines my culture. It carries all messages. It connects me to all feelings. Music has influenced my life by giving me something to lead me from silence, leading me from my thoughts, my insecurities. Life without music is life without food, water, air, everything. Music is for the soul to cleanse to heal to give and take, to build and destroy, for one and for all. Sing your life?all the things you love?all the things you loathe?Sing your life. Music has made me feel different. Wild, happy, sad, bored, angry, smart. I have made music. I love music. Music is expression. Without it we would have one less way to say what?s on our mind, which is already a problem. We are constantly, or I am at least, searching for the right words, the right thought expression. Music is something we know. It?s familiar and yet it has many surprises. It leaves us hanging or it leaves us satisfied or it just leaves. It comes back though. Life is lyrical. Lyrics are the minds true expression.Doubt seeping in through your pores, uncertainty in each beat of your heart. Happiness bouncing in your stomach, leaping out your mouth as your heart dances. Love growing in your chest, stretching your heart with magic. I often listen to music as a message when the chips are down. Usually it has something to say, often being rather wise. Music leaves us hanging or it leaves us satisfied or it just leaves. It comes back though. Life is lyrical. Lyrics are the minds true expression. The idea of life without music seems like a harsh world. I think music has power over society.

i enjoy listening to music too. for me, i prefer bands like taking back sunday and brand new. i also listen to 60s and 70s songs like the beatles, smokie, elvis, etc etc. guys, do you know which band has similar music, i mean the beat is almost similar to taking back sunday and brand new?

Music for me is a great way to get caught up in God :P Nothing like listening to Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew or Joy by Newsboys B) It lets me stay focused on God and caught up in His joy more often so that it comes out more in my time around others B)

D:

way to ruin it for me :D

Music is incredibly important to me. I'm always thinking of some new jingle or riff which i'll scribble down ona grubby little bit of paper and listen to properly later.
I sing alot, I'm not good at it at all but that doesnt matter to me I like to sing-a about the moon-a and the june-a and the spring-a =D.

Also it cheerse me up to sing a little song every now and then :P.

And as for that spine tingly thing someone said a while back, I get that alot on certan songs and the hairs on th back of your neck stand up and you get goosebumps B)

Sonata Arctica do that alot to me.

I just had a discussion with a friend about how we've noticed that music has changed everything about our person. I can see an obvious difference in how I think and sleep and hear sounds and the things that I choose to notice visually. I feel I've become more distant yet more perceptive. I hear things in music I would have never heard a year ago and I experience things differently.I haven't tried any new drugs in a couple years, so I doubt it's that.. I really just think that I've expanded my musical preferences to include a lot more abstract, conceptual music and it's altered me. I really like it though. Hmm..If I seem scattered it's because this realization has freaked me out haha.