xisto Community
zach101

Usb Ports?

Thanks pawitp for that notice. I'm just afraid the topic starter didn't know the types of USB and might be confused with them, since they are all USB. Their differences of course doesn't allow another type of USB to be connected to another USB port.You stated it's not a USB "MINI" type or an USB "A" type, then probably it isn't USB at all. We all know how USB looks like and they are all in standard sizes and shapes.Now I have a certain feeling that the topic starter means it's just an USB "A" type with a little wider. If that's the case, the USB connecter might have dropped or hit on something hard, cauing it to be a little out of shape. I've got a friend who had his flashdrive dropped on hard concrete floor. He didn't realised the slight dent until he tried to insert to the USB port. The connector looks alright without detailed checking. Of course it's certainly not alright when you look at the connector carefully.Otherwise, it's most probably not a USB. Could be firewire.

Could you actually post some picture of your laptop usb port? I don't know what is this about. Usb ports have 3 shape. The mini-one, the standard(I think it is) one and the square-one(Externel computer devices use them).

191205[/snapback]

I have never heard of that before.