xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Weekend Premiereship Prediction on selected matches

Charlton v Tottenham

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley knows his best 11 players and they are playing well, creating lots of chances and looking good defensively.

Tottenham have made a decent start but I think it could have been better. They haven't got the distraction of Europe and the manager needs to settle on his best team and stick with it for a while. If he upsets one or two players then tough.

Verdict: Charlton 2-1

Fulham v Man Utd

The Blackburn loss was such a low ebb for Man Utd. They aren't firing on all cylinders but they are due a performance soon, regardless of their injuries.

Fulham will have to push forward a little bit at home and I feel that will leave them just a little bit open.

Verdict: 0-2

Portsmouth v Newcastle

Newcastle have got a new-found confidence. They are still not there though and missing injured players. They've got a lot to do but have had a couple of steps in the right direction.

Portsmouth are starting to look a bit of a shambles. The manager has had the dreaded vote of confidence and Fratton Park's not the fortress it has been in the last couple of seasons.

Verdict: 1-2

Man City v Everton

We should still be at church when this starts shouldn't we? I believe Everton will end their barren run a la Sunderland. There's nothing worse than playing at home when you're losing, so it should take a little pressure off them being away for this one.

It looks like City's luck has deserted them. They were unlucky against Newcastle, Doncaster and Bolton and sometimes as players you think 'what's happening here?'

Verdict: 1-2

Arsenal v Birmingham

Arsenal were missing some players and had a good result against a young Ajax team in midweek. This is like a direct debit 2-0 - it looks guaranteed.

Can Birmingham create a real threat to Arsenal at the back? I don't see it somehow.

Verdict: 2-0

Liverpool v Chelsea

I think like most of the games between these two, it'll be a draw. This time it might be 1-1 only because of a bit more familiarity.

They aren't classic games because they tend to cancel each other out and I can't see, even with a change of personnel, that there will be a great deal of difference between the two teams.

Verdict: 1-1 (with deep hope in my heart that Liverpool will win 1-0) ;-)