xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

I Need Help, What Are These Terms. read topic for info =)

Linear Inequality: A linear function that divides the plane into two parts.

System of linear Equation:

A "system" of equations is a set or collection of equations that you deal with all together at once. Linear equations (ones that graph as straight lines) are simpler than non-linear equations, and the simplest linear system is one with two equations and two variables.

[ http://www.purplemath.com/modules/systlin1.htm ]

Coincident: (Lines etc.) that contain exactly the same points. Graphs that lie on top of each other.

Linear inequality is something like this:8 < x + 5Instead of using the equal sign, you're using the less than sign. To solve, treat the less than symbol like an equal sign and solve. You should get 3 < x. Plug in any value that's less than 3 for x, and it will work. For example, 8 < 2 + 5 because 2 + 5 = 7. Get it?System of linear equation is basically two equations with two variables. There are a whole bunch of methods to solve this. One way is to solve for one variable in terms of the other, and plug it into the other equation. The method of choice for me is graphing and finding where they intersect.

Well after reading all this what I can say is that "Microsoft" start reading you books and pay some attention in your maths classes :ph34r:

Hey Microsoft. I see you are doing a little math. Is this algebra terms? I am in geometry and it looks like you are having trouble with both. since a system of linear equation is usually refering to geomety, and linear inequality, can be placed toward algebra. I guess I am a little mixed up. Can someone please clarify this for me? I think I am correct.

These are guesses, as they're most likely given different names here..Power of a product: something like ((x+5)(x-4))^2 So x plus five times x minus four, all to the power of 2.Power of a Quatient.. I don't know :\ Maybe you meant power of a quotient? in which case it would be (x/x+2)^3. A fraction all to the power of something.Power of a power.. x^(2^3). x to the power of 2 cubed.Negative exponent.. x^-2. This would result in the x going to the other side of the fraction, or "crossing the road". My grade 8 math teacher told us a math-related joke to help us remember this.. "Why did the exponent cross the road (fraction bar)? ..To get to the other sign". Looks like this... x^(-2) to 1/(x^2)Zero exponent: x^0. Any term put to a zero exponent gives an answer of one.Power basically means exponent. Hope that helped :\ I'm great at math, but terrible at explaining..

These are guesses, as they're most likely given different names here..

Power of a product: something like ((x+5)(x-4))^2 So x plus five times x minus four, all to the power of 2.

Power of a Quatient.. I don't know :\  Maybe you meant power of a quotient?  in which case it would be (x/x+2)^3.  A fraction all to the power of something.

Power of a power.. x^(2^3).  x to the power of 2 cubed.

Negative exponent.. x^-2.  This would result in the x going to the other side of the fraction, or "crossing the road".  My grade 8 math teacher told us a math-related joke to help us remember this.. "Why did the exponent cross the road (fraction bar)?  ..To get to the other sign".  Looks like this...  x^(-2) to 1/(x^2)

Zero exponent:  x^0.  Any term put to a zero exponent gives an answer of one.

Power basically means exponent. 

Hope that helped :\  I'm great at math, but terrible at explaining..

195950[/snapback]

thanks, i can be good at math too if i study and get into it if not im real bad lol obiously.