xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunny

Changes In Google.com Homepage. On 7th birthday Google in changein a bit

Now the Google is celebrating its 7th birthday.

This is the time for change. For a long time Google.com home page is unchanged. It is just plain, simple, small, no-frills yet most powerfull search engine interface.

Now, Google has two changes in the homepage:

1). Top right corner has a link to Personalized Home [ https://www.google.com/ig ]
It is a Google's something related service like my.yahoo.com(actually yahoo.com is also launching My Search like Google but it is in Beta), This service in now out of the beta phase.

2). At the bottom of every page Google has removed the total number of indexed pages. Google.com has recently announced that its database is now 3 times larger and then Google removed the index size from pages. Anyways it was useless for the end users.

These changes are small, But it looks like Google is trying to change every thing. They are launching services one after another. I am just waiting for the Google OS now. ;-)

hi,Google services are setting up the competition and now none of the leader can afford to be complacent. Gmail, Google Search, Google desktop, Google Talk are the services that I liked from Google. Yahoo started by announcing the number of pages that it has indexed, which was about 3 times the number indexed by google. Google came up that the quality of search was all that mattered and not the number of webpages spidered... Also it says that the Google index is far larger than that of Yahoo and so it would deliver more appropriate and filtered results.As for me, I am a total Google search user, for one, the main search page load lightening fast as it is very light and the search results are most of the time very accurate if you know how to put in the search query.Google OS??? wonder what Larry Page is thinking.. or what Bill Gates is feeling... it already has Linux to deal with.... :ph34r:Cheers.

i don't like. I use the search engine everyday all day, and really wish they don't end up looking like yahoo.com. I mean it's not that bad of page, not heavy at all to load, but it's filled with so many things that i don't need or ever click on that it would be a real shame if they went that root.round

i don't like. I use the search engine everyday all day, and really wish they don't end up looking like yahoo.com. I mean it's not that bad of page, not heavy at all to load, but it's filled with so many things that i don't need or ever click on that it would be a real shame if they went that root.round

190349[/snapback]

I bet they know and wont do that, the guys at google know what people think about them, and know what to do to make their services better.

The problem with the new personalized pages I'm having is that they don't stay personalized! I have to click Sign In every time which is annoying.

190529[/snapback]

hmm.. no you dont :P

i just go to google.com and it show me google.com/ig

but i dont use that any more... i dont know why but i dont need it.

anyway google policy is Change the internet, to be avelable for everyone...

or something like that :( so i wont be suprized when one morning i wake up and see waths new : Google OS :D

P.S. did you see their homepage today ?! it has World AIDS day link with picture... :P