xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Achieve

The Mind How Powerful Is It?

Hey, as a martial arts follower, and someone that practices karate I have always had a strong urge to achieve something in this field, but I've never really known the words to well... to describe the feeling. When I mean the mind I mean the mental side to our souls and bodies. I dont mean the brain, but the soul and spirit inside the mind. You see:A very good friend of mine had a trial for our county in Rugby, but turned it down. This was quite some years ago. Now I've managed to persuade him to take up rugby again, but he has just got himself kicked off the team because he has just been kicked out the school temperorily for bad behaviour. I promised him that if he played well or trained hard that I would enter a Karate competetion for the title ' County Champion'. Now - I am only a 5th Kyu (Purple Belt) and this will require fighting Black Belts. I don't suspect I'll win, but it's the dedication - it's the principle that I am willing to do something like that to show him that sacrifises are worth it. It's just started me thinking - how powerful is the mind? How much can it really achieve? If we try hard enough anything is possible right? I have been reading several books by great Karate masters, and it's astouded me by the dedication in their lifes. Now i've started to change the way I think about things and it's really opened the door to a new style of training. How powerful and effective is the human mind? How much can it really let us achieve? We all here all these fantastic stories about super human power, and all these wonder quotes, but how much of it is real and how can it be used?To cut a long story short, have you ever had any drives of pure, deep dedication from your mind, or have you ever achieved anything amazing because you believed you could? Because I believe that this is something that we can all do. For instance: in my last Karate grading I was a temporery green belt (6TH KYU).Now, I was stepping up to the intense training and grading process with that vision - that it was only possible for me to get a temp purple belt (5th kyu) if I got lucky - instead I choose to believe that I could do it, and I managed to get a full belt and a half, making me a full purple belt. I don't believe that I got this high grade through physical efforts, but more through meta-physical drive. I believe it happened because I had the fighting spirit to believe I could do it..So: tell me what you think;+How powerful do you think the mind really is?+Do you think it is capable of anything?+Do you have any stories?+Do you believe that you are capable of anything?Thanks for your time, Achieve.

Hey, Well, in the past couple of years I have really started thinking about this sort of thing. Maybe it can do anything, maybe, if you want something that bad then perhaps it'll do it for you. I don't believe that it holds any 'super powers' that alter an outcome in an un-fair way, I just believe that what is inside the mind is soo powerful, I believe that our bodies are so incredible that if you want something badly enough you'll get it, because I believe that send a deep thought into the depths of your brain, the subliminal area, the part of the brain that collects information and allows you to do things without having to think abou them, and thus:- this makes the brain so powerful that life it's self is evolved around it. Well - like I said, it's just my belief, but by believing you can do something you really can do it. Thanks for your time, Sean Webber. (alive)

HEy,I think it's powerful especially if you practise how to control it.Everything depends on the state of mind. If you think you can do sth and you are really determined, you can do it. On the other hand, if you wish you could do sth...but you always think you can't do it...you can't do it. ^_^

In my opinion, mind is as powerful or even more powerful than our phisical stength! It is wrong that our civilization does not believe and support development of this side of us...I think that with proper training and concentration you can do incredible stuff with your mind. In our daily life we experience from time to time things that we cannot explain - we think about something and this happens a moment after or you and a person that is close to you say similar things in the same moment....these are just a few examples of what mind is capable - we have the potential but we cannot use our mind in its full because we don't know how to do it! Here is a story that happened to me....I met this girl and we started dating..we both play tennis and we wanted to play mix couples in the winter league, but she has already found a partner a week ago so we couldn't play together...we made fun how can we eliminate this guy ^_^ And the next day we went to play tennis and a friend tells us that that guy was hit by a car and that he will be unable to play tennis for 10 months....I WAS SHOCKED! I felt responsible a bit and as sson as i saw my girlfriend we both thought that we somehow made that happen...So, I think it is only mind that can do something like that, because I really don't believe in coincidences!greetz

Mind is very powerful tool. Your uncocious makes things happen in this world. Whatever you imagine and belive hard enough that will come true. If you read "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill you will se that many self made milionaries were thinking this way. They always were positive, and always had a clear goal in their mind. When you put something in your subconciousness it is going surely to come true one day, whatever it is. The point here is to be positive, when all your hopes are gonne. Thomas Edison was asked once by journalist:"How many times have you tried to build a light bulb?", he said:"5000 times". Journalist said:"You failed 5000 times and you still dont quit". "No, no", said Edison, "I've found 5000 ways how you cant build a light bulb!"So always be positive, and one way to do that is to put it in your subconcous!

if you can dream it you can do it.

The Mind

Replying to Achievethe mind is indeed a powerful tool. It can allow you to over come even the worst encounters of daily life. If you push yourself into believing you can do something you will do it. A person can overcome addictions just by simply telling ones self that I don't need this and truly feeling that.

If you want to know what people are feeling just find that mental connection you share and feel there feelings.Open yourself up to the endless possibilities with confidence know that what you can dream you can do.

-reply by thought