xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

What Is Your Prefered Wireless Router?

What is your prefered Wireless Router?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My Linksys BEFW11S4 had recently lost sensitivity to wireless connections and often had drop packets. Pinging the router replies with "Request timed out".I'm thinking of getting a new wireless router. I've not used other brands before but thought of changing brands as I'm afraid another Linksys product might cause the same problem. However, as Linksys is part of Cisco, I feel a certain sense of sercurity in Linksys products.I'm not sure which brands I should get.This poll might give alot of help to me and also please leave comments and suggestions so I can decide on the best brand to go for.Thanks in advance.

Well I've been in Netgear's techincal support and I find them that they are absolutely great! go for a good netgear router and they perform really well...they give you good options and work really great....infact the people used to praise a lot that they purchased the netgear and are getting good support with it...so my suggestion is go for the netgear router. :ph34r:

The best routers are ciscos and linsys routers, becaus they are runnig on linux. I made router at home (from old computer) and i must say - IT WOORKS AWSOOMMM! You must try that!

My Linksys BEFW11S4 had recently lost sensitivity to wireless connections and often had drop packets. Pinging the router replies with "Request timed out".

I'm thinking of getting a new wireless router. I've not used other brands before but thought of changing brands as I'm afraid another Linksys product might cause the same problem. However, as Linksys is part of Cisco, I feel a certain sense of sercurity in Linksys products.

I'm not sure which brands I should get.

This poll might give alot of help to me and also please leave comments and suggestions so I can decide on the best brand to go for.

Thanks in advance.

190030[/snapback]

you should really get a 3com wireless router because they are really good and reliable check out there website

Our school uses mostly Cisco routers, and I'm extremely inpressed so far. They are easy to set up, and they are probally the most secure out of all wireless routers, because of the fact they run linux. If I was in the market, I would definately buy a Cisco or Linksys(subsidary of Cisco).

I have a two year old Dlink614+ with mostly the same problems. Its better to get a new "G" class router as their standards offer way better reception and encryption.As kevlar said, Linksys is a subsidiary of Cisco so they have some great products. My only problem with them is that they have pathetic designs and disgusting taste of colour combinations :huh:I also use a combination of a Zoom X5 router and a Netgear access point at home, and it works very well so I can recommend Netgear too.

I prefer using Linksys routers but not all of them, just the WRT54G Versions 1-4. If you are to buy a Linksys router, never the Versions 5 and above, for some reasons they changed the core of the router's firmware that caused it to constantly crash. As for the WRT54G versions 1-4, they're running on Linux and there are groups that provides tweaked versions of the firmware that allows awesome functionalities. DDWRT is one of them. These tweaked firmware allows the router to act like a wireless repeater, increase functionalities and better network management. Downside, you lose the 1 year limited warranty. But who cares about the warranty? There are new cool routers that Linksys offers, like the Draft-N Routers, WRT300N, WRT310N and anything with "N" in them. They're really amazing when it comes to speed but you need to invest with having a wireless-N network adapter to maximize the speed offered by these Draft-N routers. Can't wait for the actual N routers to be released.

I'm using Thomson speedtouch 706 wl , it's a very good wireless router , with a friendly inteface , i've been using it since a while and no problems found yet!I'll suggest it to everyone who need a good cheap wireless router :angel:

I have used only two wiresless routers in my time, though I still think the other one works, but the one that I like hte most was the Linksys WRT54g series since it is a cheap router that offers a lot for that kind of money. As for hte current one I am using it is the netgear 150 Rangemax, I haven't had too many problems with this router, had some minor disconnection issues but most of the time it is up and running especially now that it has a laptop, desktop, wireless printer, and a PS3 I have to say it has handle the load pretty well.

I prefer Linksys. My neighbor is using Linksys router (i don't know the model) and the signal is very strong. Easy for using and configuring the router, password and etc.