xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashiezai

Web Server At Home! Cool

It doesn't make a lot of sense to run a webserver at home, unless you are planning to do a lot o web-development. There are many free servers out there (Xisto being one of them) that make regular backups and are connected to fast networks. You don't want to think about server maintenance unless you have to. However, if you develop you will most probably need one. I would recommend spending some time with Apache.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to run a webserver at home, unless you are planning to do a lot o web-development.

Well that's is the idea, with a complete PHP, mysql, asp ect you can use to practice and do the php scrips for u site and don't use u site bandith.

I run my own webserver. I have it because i love web development. However i upload my sites to others webservers (eg. Xisto) when i am finished. I use also the combination of php, mysql and apache. I am quite happy with it and after that you can migrate your work to a lot of webserver because most of them support that combination. You can set up that combination (php, mysql and apache) easily with the packet provided by apachefriends but it is easy to configure apache individually too.

Easy php don't have all the featrures i recomend Apache2triad have it all, u can get it in  http://apache2triad.net/ this is one of the best :rolleyes:

bro what features are you refering to
as far as i know triad is a dead project
easy php contaones apache php mysql binaries for windows
triad has the same except older

I have apache2triad.It is best, but big :rolleyes: 52MB , because I have dial-up.Important for me is because hve : PHP , MySql , WebMail , Perl , Pear , apache2Cp , AW Stats ...and more.It is BEST package...

EasyPHP is a testing server. To run a full blown server onn your home computer would be a pain for all the users and you. Firstly you need to have an area that can handle a bit of noise and is well insulated. Heat/Cold would be very jepordizing on your home server. You would also need to have a decent speed internet connection, or as I said earlier, the page load would be very slow.Basically the setup cost of a home server out weighs the benefits of one. There are plenty of free hosts out there, and if you need paid, you would still save a lot of money in the long run.

I also use Web server at home. I like to web development and I am also learning php. So for php, I installed WAMP server locally. And I am running it nowdays. It has great features including Apache, Php, Mysql, Phpmyadmin and more.

I use easy php as well.What's interesting,was a few years ago with Rogers cable,if I was running easyphp or microsofts webmatrix, I couldn't connect to the internet. Rogers cable was interpretating easyphp and webmatrix to be servers on a network, and since I wasn't set up fornetworks it would cut off my internet connection.Strange but true.

hey webserver at home!!!!!!!!!!!psycho or watu can order it online for a dedicated serverthey r very cheap........u can also order for a serverbye the way can u tell me the cost of the server and the company also