xisto Community
Inspiron

New Uploads Does Not Update Is it a bug in cPanel?

Hi, I've noticed that whatever things I've uploaded into my hosting account, it doesn't update. Only after I open directly from cPanel and then click Refresh manually, the newly uploaded stuffs will then be updated. Or else it will still stick to the old files even on another computer or with history and cache deleted. Simply clicking on the direct URL will also not update.This problem I've noticed from the time when I first got this webhosting account. I though there might be a problem in the server and might recover afew moments later. But it doesn't seem to improve. This problem cofuses me whenever I want to update my site, thinking that it is still not updated, even a few hours later. It is also fustrating when I upload in bulks.Can I know it this is a bug in cPanel? In other webhosts that I've used, the newly uploaded files were immediately updated even without refreshing the pages or clearing the history or cache.I'm very gladful if someone can help me in this problem.

It could be due to the speed of the server. When the server is down but not fully down, the speed becomes very slow and automatic refresh usually don't work this is because the script needed to refresh the page isn't able to execute. It could be due to this reason. This happens once a while. So, I hope you will bear this time. I also hope that you won't experience the same in the future even if you do, just refresh the Cpanel or just click the folder where you want to see changes. I hope this helps...

I'm very sure that the problem is not from the speed of the server because I'm been using this service for about 1/2 ayear already and the situation didn't improve. Rather it should be a configuration or a bug that is existing causes this problem.I hope an administrator can help.

It happens with every computer you use? (I mean, did you try to do use Xisto's cpanel elsewhere?)It doesn't happens here oftenly, or maybe not at all. Clearing your cacheand refreshing the page is useful, but shouldn't be necessary. It may also be a problem related with the unusual port Xisto's cpanel uses (2083 instead of the usual 2082)