xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly

Gmail Frustrates Me Service down for more than 24 hours

Server Error
Gmail is temporarily unavailable. Cross your fingers and try again in a few minutes. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

The above message is what I get while trying to access my Gmail account since yesterday and when I woke up this morning the problem remains the same. Is it just me who is experiencing this problem or are there any other members seeing the same message. I need to check my email........ frustrating..

The above message is what I get while trying to access my Gmail account since yesterday and when I woke up this morning the problem remains the same. Is it just me who is experiencing this problem or are there any other members seeing the same message. I need to check my email........ frustrating..

189441[/snapback]

Actually, I , for one am not havng any trouble.

Wait...

Let me check my mail and return..........

Yup.. Mail working for me

Try again from a different computer. Maybe that will help.

Oh my.. I got the problem. In firefox I couldn't login to any other accounts of mine as well, I have 3 gmail accounts. But when I opened IE browser and tried with another account it was working till I logged out and tried with the account which is not working. It seems that they have disabled or they have problem with this particular account. As far as I know I did nothing wrong to deserve to get this service unavailable for more than 36 hours.

Yes Gmail can be very unreliable but its not really a big deal. Most e-mails do not need to be read but it is still inconvienient. In my opinion Google needs to make server uptime for Gmail a priority. I am not giving up my e-mail account though, Gmail is still the best.

Yup Gmail is king.I have 2 accounts with them and so far I havent had any problems at all. I even use a Mozilla Thunderbird to get my mail messages from Gmail with no problems at all.In fact, the only thing that I don't like about Gmail is that i can never fill up my mailbox hhaa. Every time that I try and dump a whopper of a message or file in my email I realize that I still have 2GB left to fill ... on each account...Gooooooooooogle

I have never seen a downtime problem with Gmail, almost every problem I have experienced is on my ISP. Im not sure which way you are accessing Google, but one of the great new ways is creating a personalized homepage for yourself at Google Personalized Homepage. Plus another unique way to use it is to install Gmail Drive Extension and use it as a personal harddrive.

Usually, the only problem I have with Gmail goes back to my wireless connection that's being perpetually leeched off of.I'd password it, but the router I use requires the CD...which I lost long ago. =(

Well I dont have any real problems like this, althrough sometimes I need to log in twice because the first time I log into gmail I'm rejected. But this is just a minor issue that I am getting, and I dont take much attention to it. For me Gmail is the best mail provider on the net.

I think Gmail has no problem at all. Maybe its only your ISP has a problem. Or maybe your browser stored a temporary internet page in your conputer and it keep using that temporary page. This is the my nearest answer to the problem you brought.I there are 24 hour problem in gmail. I think they will lose their credibility.Inevitably strom Katrina is a cause of this problem. LOL!

This is the first downtime in GMail i have heard since its been up, so i have one thing to say. Get over it. Hotmail is down more often and they ain't even as good as GMail so. GMail is still best by far.

I never have any gmail problem. even if Gmail is down, ill be up in like 2 minutes. hotmail, on the other hand sucks. if its down, it'll be in for day(s). at least for me

I have Yahoo account today i can not login with my account , but i can login with another user/pass !its not really bad for google think , google services its really nice and unique I have erre msg in google twoi can not send big mail with my gmail account it say Oops try later !whats problem ?