xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lilmetal

What's The Name Of This Game? SNES, Sidescroller

I can't find the title of this Robot game I once rented, which had great play in the story or multiplayer mode. In multiplayer, you chose from a couple different bots, the most memorable rolled along as a ball, then would pop open in order to fire. A KEY* aspect was that you could leave your robot, as about a 5 pixel person, who had a little pistol to kill other little humans, and fly around and find another, vacant bot and assume control of it. In story mode, I never got very far, but remember that the first level of story mode had you infiltrating a giant space ship, starting on the outside. I hope I've jogged your memory.

if the person is a 5 pixel person then its prolly an old school compy game - not a console gamealthough if u rented it then it must be a console game - which means it was an old school console loldoes sound alot like a primitive mech warrior

Hey ZeroHawk, I still have that game I think, somewhere in my basement. Though I lost my SNES. I loved it's multiplayer, My favourite one was the one that fired big shots that after a while, would play up into 8 directions. It could also fire bullets taht could straight up.

It's been about half a year since I'd played it last with my firend. My favorite was the Prometheus- the zoid style mech with a giant cannon. Those were the days. It was so cool how you could eject and float around as a pilot.

What game is this?

What's The Name Of This Game?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

I'm looking for a SNES game I played a long time ago. It was a side scrolling beat 'em up that may or may not have had RPG elements. It had a fantasy setting and you could pick different types of characters. The only one I remember is that you could pick a Cleric and I remember him being huge and dressed like a crusader wielding a mace. It might have been bad but when I was a kid I liked it. If anyone can help thank you very much.

-reply by Clinton

help meWhat's The Name Of This Game?I once played this game on snes. It was a mecha stragety game in witch the way you moved was using squares. You could also custimize your mecha like adding a backpac to increase the amount of wieght you can carry or add a shoulder rocket launcher. Please any ideas-reply by nostalgia

I have been trying to remember the name of this game for the longest time.

I am the happiest person right now, if any of you have never played this Metal warriors game , it is way cool for it s time and even now!

THX THX THX!

Hikaru

Metal Warriors is definitely the game you're thinking of, Hikaru. Interestingly enough, it's actually a part of a greater series of games that all involve similar or identical gameplay. This series is known as Assault Suits, and there were several titles produced by NCS until Konami took over for just one title: Metal Warriors.Imagine that! More Metal Warriors greatness to be had.Unfortunately, only Metal Warriors made it over to these shores... except for two other titles. That's Target Earth on the Genesis, which started the series in Japan as Assault Suit Leynos. Afterwards, the sequel game Assault Suits Valken was made on the SNES, and was brought over here as well, except as another game butchered in translation and given a new title as Cybernator. You can play either of those games through emulation these days or by obtaining admittedly rare copies for their respective systems. However, I recommend trying to find a way to play the original games. I think some fan translations exist to give you the authentic experience without the crushing editing that was done to the American titles to strip them of their flavorful anime-esque plots and characters (due to the mistaken fear that our gamer demographic is xenophobic basically).Metal Warriors is known otherwise unofficially as Assault Suits Gideon. It has a rather strange history though, and Assault Suits Gideon was its formulative title before being switched to Konami who then proceeded to change its name several times and adjust the theme of the game until it ended up what it is today for both the American and Japanese markets. Yes, no translation butchering was done to this title. It's exactly the same in any market, which is a relief.NCS Took over for future titles in the series, but these ended up on the Playstation and Saturn and have stayed in Japan. The Playstation's Assault Suit Valken 2 is more of a turn-based strategy RPG, which is similar to the Front Mission series. Assault Suit Leynos 2 for the Saturn is basically classic hardcore Assault Suits gameplay, and is a ridiculously fun game. Good luck trying to obtain a copy. Emulation for the Saturn is almost ideal these days finally, and so you may have luck playing it by those means.Speaking of Front Mission... ironically enough, Square borrowed heavily from Assault Suits and produced their own title in the same style, named Front Mission: Gun Hazard. This plays very similarly to the rest of the Assault Suit series, but involves heavy RPG elements and an open world design that lets you go where you please. It was never brought over here of course, but it was given an excellent fan translation that I recommend you try (properly of course, by somehow magically obtaining an original copy of the game and the expensive and discontinued equipment it takes to patch it yourself and blah blah blah etc etc).Anyways, that's uh... your "Metal Warriors" lesson for today, haha. Try the other titles out if you can, they're all recommended. :P

Oh, and btw, as for the other two questions...Nostalgia, the game you've played might just be Front Mission, although if you played it domestically, it was most definitely something else. Probably Metal Marines, which is often confused with Metal Warriors, hah.Clinton, the game you're thinking of is definitely the King of Dragons. This is one of my all time favorites, and I enjoy playing it to this day with friends. Although given its difficulty, you can always utilize the 99-lives exploit that's done at the beginning of the game... :P

I am also trying to find a similar game. All I can remember is that it was on SNES and your character was a yellow robot and it could fly. The first stage was a construction site type place in front of a city backdrop. I checked the previous listed games, and I know its not Front Mission, Metal Marines, or any other listed titles.

SNES Robot GameWhat's The Name Of This Game?

Hello fellow SNES nostalgics,I've searched everywhere before asking here but I can't find the name of this game I once Played on SNES. It was in japanesse, made by Konami and it featured three robots, one I  Can't remember what it was like, more like the warrior from Diablo, plain and simple,  Another was a type of mage, had a metal staff and could summon black holes from it's tip  And the last was the ranger/thief type, small and agile and it could transform into a fox Or some kind of feline.

I have no idea what the story is because it was all in japanesse but I remember the first  Boss was a water like creature and you would arrive very quickly at it. And I remember in  The beggining, after a few screens, if you played with the thief character or whatever it Was, you could morph into the fox and walk under some screens, it was a kind of tutorial, To show you what your robot can do, otherwise you would go above and face some enemies.

And one more thing, it was frame based, like some old RPGs (Eye of the Beholder), only You looked at the screen from the side, not the front. The graphics, from what I  Remember, where pretty cool for that time.

Thank you.

-question by RabiDog